Help with GeForce4 and driver 61.76: Desktop Manager

Old August 5th 04, 10:49 PM
Valerio Gianascio

Default Help with GeForce4 and driver 61.76: Desktop Manager

Hi All,

I have bought a HP Compaq laptop with WIN XP Home, a Nvidia GeForce4 420 Go
32M graphic adapter, downloaded and uninstalled first old device drivers,
then installed the last ForceWare 60 drivers and utilities
(61.76_winxp2k_english_whql.exe), IE 6.0.2800.1106, have administrator
privileges. Displayed driver properties: date 10.12.03, version 4.7.1.2

Downloaded and read the ForceWare_Release_60_nView_3.5_Users_Guide.pdf and
still have some unanswered questions:

My nview destop manager shows DLL versions 6.14.10.4712, and tabs are
different from those in the manual. The MOUSE tab is missing. Tab "Desktop
Management" in the manual is present as "Info" tab, and the mentioned
contents are different that those contained in the manual.

I cannot see and configure the existing hot keys, but only add mines. This
is a problem since I use ALT GR + 2 for the @ sign (not US keyboard
keyboard), and I'm instead switching to desktop 2, and cannot configure this
hot key by myself.

The Profile tabs doesn't mention import/export buttons.

Desktop tab is different and offers less options than mentioned in manual.

Some other minors differences in User Interface tab, Hot keys tab, ecc

Do I have a version conflict problem? How could I get the last version of
Desktop manager, like mentioned in the manual?

thanks and best regards.

Val

Old August 6th 04, 12:45 AM
The Black Wibble

"Valerio Gianascio" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have bought a HP Compaq laptop with WIN XP Home, a Nvidia GeForce4 420

Go
32M graphic adapter, downloaded and uninstalled first old device drivers,
then installed the last ForceWare 60 drivers and utilities
(61.76_winxp2k_english_whql.exe), IE 6.0.2800.1106, have administrator
privileges. Displayed driver properties: date 10.12.03, version 4.7.1.2

Downloaded and read the ForceWare_Release_60_nView_3.5_Users_Guide.pdf and
still have some unanswered questions:

My nview destop manager shows DLL versions 6.14.10.4712, and tabs are
different from those in the manual. The MOUSE tab is missing. Tab "Desktop
Management" in the manual is present as "Info" tab, and the mentioned
contents are different that those contained in the manual.

Your old 47.12 drivers are still being used. No wonder, because looking
through the INF file for ver 61.76, there are no "GO" cards listed, so
unfortunately these laptop gfx cards are not supported in this release.

Either look for updated drivers on the laptop manufacturer's website, or
download a slightly hacked 56.63 version:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=762 This is the latest driver
revision I can find that works with GO cards.

Tony.

Old August 6th 04, 10:07 AM
Valerio Gianascio

"The Black Wibble" wrote in message
Your old 47.12 drivers are still being used. No wonder, because looking
through the INF file for ver 61.76, there are no "GO" cards listed, so
unfortunately these laptop gfx cards are not supported in this release.

Oops! I was missing this detail :-)

Either look for updated drivers on the laptop manufacturer's website, or

Nothing. :-(

download a slightly hacked 56.63 version:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=762 This is the latest

driver
revision I can find that works with GO cards.

YES! This work well, and offer the options I was looking for.
Only point is that the driver is not signed for XP. Not a problem, IMO.

Thanks a lot Tony for your help

Val

Old August 6th 04, 12:14 PM
Bob

[...]

You can find modified .inf files so the newer drivers can be used for
notebooks at:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com./

HTH,
Bob

Old August 7th 04, 12:03 PM
Valerio Gianascio

"Bob" wrote in message
You can find modified .inf files so the newer drivers can be used for
notebooks at:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com./

HTH,
Bob

Thanks for the hint Bob. Great site, BTW!

I tried to download ansd install 61.77, with corresponding INF file, but
unfortunately my screen turns to black and have to restart in VGA mode. I
tried several options and screen resolutions, but it doesn't work. The
screen always turs black, and as you can imagine is then hard to come
back... :-(

I think I'll just stay with the suggested 56.63, which made me happy a
couple of days ago. :-)

Val