Doom 3 on PIII 450 mhz and GeForce FX5200 :D

Old August 2nd 04, 06:10 AM
Skybuck Flying

Default Doom 3 on PIII 450 mhz and GeForce FX5200 :D

Hi,

I just played Doom 3 (full) for the first time on my crappy Pentium III 450
mhz with GeForce FX5200

The game played at about 2 to 5 fps (estimated) I haven't yet figured out
how to display the FPS.

I made a short, crazy, insane review lol... it contains screenshots of a
multiplayer level at 640x480 at low details...

It already looks amazing... and it plays much faster then the good old 2
year old alpha version =D WOW

This game should play fantastic on any system that is faster than mine

So there you have it in short...

For the full load of crazyness check this out:

http://coolingfanboycott.freewebspac...****MeGood.htm

DOOM 3 MAKES ME GO:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BECAUSE IT HAS SO MUCH CONTENT AND LOOKS SO GOD DAMN GOOD

**** ME LOL

SKYBUCK

IT S GOING TAKE WEEKS MAYBE EVEN MONTH MAYBE EVEN YEARS BEFORE I AM DONE
WITH THIS GAME

HOLY****

I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE LOL

Well bye for now.

Old August 2nd 04, 12:12 PM
Paul Williams

Hi,

I just read on the BBC news website that the full
version of Doom 3 has been leaked! So it's possible!

Regards,
Paul

Old August 2nd 04, 12:48 PM
Andrew Z Carpenter

.. .

Yup. Try somewhere like http://www.suprnova.org

--
AZC

Old August 2nd 04, 02:15 PM
Eric

Anything is possible -- but why the cryptic post. If I got it early, I
would explain how (without giving too much away so no one gets in trouble).

I don't understand why he wouldn't explain HOW he got it early.

Old August 2nd 04, 02:16 PM
Nada

"Skybuck Flying" wrote:
[...]

I have an idea for you. When you have time in your tomb, try
"Perimeter" with that machine of yours, it'll scroll like a mofo.
Old August 2nd 04, 02:51 PM
Paul Williams

Hi,

Agreed! I also heard that some shops in the US have it on
their shelves early!

I have pre-ordered my copy from Amazon.co.uk for £24.99.

I just need to get the £350 or so together for a 6800 Ultra now.
A new processor wouldn't hurt either.

Regards,
Paul

Eric wrote:

Anything is possible -- but why the cryptic post. If I got it early, I
would explain how (without giving too much away so no one gets in trouble).

I don't understand why he wouldn't explain HOW he got it early.

Bits snipped...

Old August 2nd 04, 03:01 PM
Skybuck Flying

"Nada" wrote in message
om...
"Skybuck Flying" wrote:
[...]

I already played perimeter...

It was do-able... at the start it even run fast... later it would crawl like
a snail... especially with lot s of units and shields...

Better kill those enemies fast...

Anyway... perimeter is old slow ****... it was a bit of fun... but there are
better rts games lol.

Besides from that I can't help but get the feeling the game is slow because
of 'bad' (slow) coding. Ouch... baddddd huh

Old August 2nd 04, 07:49 PM
syxe

Our pirates in Croatia have it from sunday evening CET
..
I have buy'd it this morning because i don't have fast connection.
If u have it u can d-load it from www.suprnova.org

"Eric" wrote in message
news
Umm, its not out until Wednesday. How'd you get Doom3 early?