Longest Graphics Card Warranty!

Old August 2nd 04, 07:14 PM
Gnu_Raiz

Default Longest Graphics Card Warranty!

Hello fellow enthusiasts;

I just had a Leadtek 5600 ultra die on me, this card was going to be
used in Doom 3, so now I am stuck with an ATI Radeon 9200.

I was wondering which manufacture has the best warranty for graphics
cards? Most of what I have seen are only one year warrantys, my card
was 1 1/2 years old. I would like a two or three year warranty if any
are that long. I probably will not overclock the card, just want
something that has staying power for longer than a year.

Gnu_Raiz
Old August 2nd 04, 07:32 PM
Courseyauto

Hello fellow enthusiasts;

I just had a Leadtek 5600 ultra die on me, this card was going to be
used in Doom 3, so now I am stuck with an ATI Radeon 9200.

I was wondering which manufacture has the best warranty for graphics
cards? Most of what I have seen are only one year warrantys, my card
was 1 1/2 years old. I would like a two or three year warranty if any
are that long. I probably will not overclock the card, just want
something that has staying power for longer than a year.

Gnu_Raiz

---------

Gainward cards have a 2 year warrantyand are kickass cards.

Old August 2nd 04, 08:43 PM
NightSky 421

"Cobbler" wrote in message
Well my BFG 6800 GT OC is guaranteed for life.

Cobbler

Be careful when a company says that their card has a lifetime warranty. I
remember one person wrote into Maximum PC magazine once (Watchdog section)
with a dead GeForce4 Ti4600 card which also supposedly had a "lifetime
warranty". Upon further inspection of the warranty details, the company
meant the lifetime of the product cycle, as in they will repair/replace the
card as long as it remains part of the current product line-up and is
readily available. I'm not saying this is the case with BFG, but be sure to
read the "fine print", as it were.

I do believe many if not all of the Asus video cards come with a 3 year
warranty.

Old August 2nd 04, 09:56 PM
First of One

BFG actually makes such a distinction and says its cards are guaranteed
forever, not just over its product cycle:

http://www.bfgtech.com/we_are_different.html

What usually ends up happening is the company closing its doors before your
card dies. 3dfx is one such case. I am not sure if the new Visiontek still
honors the lifetime warranty that accompanied its GF3 and GF4 cards before
the company went into receivership.

Old August 2nd 04, 10:28 PM
Gnu_Raiz

"Cobbler" wrote in message ...
Well my BFG 6800 GT OC is guaranteed for life.

Cobbler

snip

Thats good to know, but the only problem is, I have not heard about
BFG Tech, will they be here in say 4 years. I did check their site
out and they seem to be very serious about their warranty, but if they
are not arround in the future what good is their warranty?

Gnu_Raiz
Old August 3rd 04, 02:04 AM
Steven K

"Gnu_Raiz" wrote in message
om
"Cobbler" wrote in message
Well my BFG 6800 GT OC is guaranteed for life.

Cobbler

snip

Thats good to know, but the only problem is, I have not heard about
BFG Tech, will they be here in say 4 years. I did check their site
out and they seem to be very serious about their warranty, but if they
are not arround in the future what good is their warranty?

http://www.bfgtech.com/tech_redux.html#lifetime

This link explains what they call lifetime warranty - however, the
conditions applied leave the enough opportunities to refuse a warranty
claim.

Old August 3rd 04, 06:39 AM
Phil

"Cobbler" wrote in message news:VDwPc.483
Well my BFG 6800 GT OC is guaranteed for life.

Cobbler

Hi,

Quite a few graphic cards that "guaranteed for life" but could someone
please explain what is "guaranteed for life" consider as:

1) "Life" here is as long as I live, I don't need to buy another video
to replace this "life time guarantted" one (if it break).

2) "Life" is the life of the company - as long as the company is in
business.

3) "Life" is the life circle of the current model of the video (2-3
years most).
Old August 3rd 04, 07:07 AM
Chris Craig

NightSky 421 wrote:

Upon further inspection of the warranty details, the company
meant the lifetime of the product cycle, as in they will repair/replace
the card as long as it remains part of the current product line-up and is
readily available.

PNY have such a warranty. Part of the reason I bought one of their cards
was because of the "lifetime" warranty, no distinction was made on
tigerdirect (where I bought it).

I bought the rest of the system at the same time, so of course I didn't
want to return it and have to wait for another card to arrive before I
could get any good use out of my system (let alone paying for return
shipping).

--
http://ciotog.net
Old August 3rd 04, 05:22 PM
CapFusion

"First of One" wrote in message
t.cable.rogers.com...
BFG actually makes such a distinction and says its cards are guaranteed
forever, not just over its product cycle:

http://www.bfgtech.com/we_are_different.html

What usually ends up happening is the company closing its doors before

your
card dies. 3dfx is one such case. I am not sure if the new Visiontek still
honors the lifetime warranty that accompanied its GF3 and GF4 cards before
the company went into receivership.

That link did not indicate how long the warranty apply to. It simply
discredit other manufacturer on the claim "LifeTime Warranty". Next it
indicated and ensure their tech is like customer [gamer] and have the same
passion. BUT I do not see anything regarding their true meaning of this term
"Lifetime warranty" really meant.
http://www.bfgtech.com/we_are_different.html

Still.... It might be best to read the fine print.

CapFusion,....