NVIDIA Quadro FX 500 Outputs

Old July 30th 04, 03:32 AM
zippy

Default NVIDIA Quadro FX 500 Outputs

I have 2 LCD displays with digital inputs. The NVIDIA Quadro FX 500
card has two outputs, 1 DVI-I and one VGA. If I use a VGA-DVI adapter
on the VGA output to connect a DVI cable to my second display with
digital input, will this second display receive digital content?

Thanks,
-zip
Old July 30th 04, 10:46 PM
First of One

Nope. All the adaptor does is route the analog signal to the five pins
arranged in a square pattern on one side of the DVI socket.

Rather than the QuadroFX, I suggest you try to find a Gainward Ti4600. I
think it's called the Ultra/750XP. It has dual-DVI connectors... and faster
3D than your QuadroFX 500.

om...

Old July 30th 04, 10:50 PM
First of One

Err, make that four pins.

And the two DVI ports on the Gainward are not created equal. One is limited
to 1280x1024, while the other one goes all the way to 2048x1536. See
http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_cont...kie%5Ftest= 1

"First of One" wrote in message
gers.com...
Nope. All the adaptor does is route the analog signal to the five pins
arranged in a square pattern on one side of the DVI socket.

Rather than the QuadroFX, I suggest you try to find a Gainward Ti4600. I
think it's called the Ultra/750XP. It has dual-DVI connectors... and

faster
3D than your QuadroFX 500.

om...

Old July 31st 04, 02:53 AM

Thanks for the replies. The system is a new work system provided by my
company. Unfortunate about the one analog output on the card but I am not
going to worry about it. I'm not playing games on the system, just punching
code.

Thanks,
-zip

"First of One" wrote in message
news
Err, make that four pins.

And the two DVI ports on the Gainward are not created equal. One is

limited
to 1280x1024, while the other one goes all the way to 2048x1536. See

http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_cont...kie%5Ftest= 1

"First of One" wrote in message
gers.com...
Nope. All the adaptor does is route the analog signal to the five pins
arranged in a square pattern on one side of the DVI socket.

Rather than the QuadroFX, I suggest you try to find a Gainward Ti4600. I
think it's called the Ultra/750XP. It has dual-DVI connectors... and

faster
3D than your QuadroFX 500.

om...