New 6800 GT, is this normal?

Old July 27th 04, 04:56 AM
MXC rules!

Default New 6800 GT, is this normal?

I've got a new PNY 6800 GT and I'm wondering if this strange behavior
is normal. I replaced a 9700 Pro.
Everytime I click anything associated with the Nview icon in the
taskbar or right click the desktop and click "Analog display" my
screen does the black screen "click-click" like when you enable the
Tv-Out. Another quirk is the whole screen will dim for a second and
then brighten back up.
The 9700 used to do the screen reset when I enabled tv-out which is
normal and fine, but this thing is ridiculous. Does the screen really
need to reset changing AA/AF settings? Anyway, is this normal for
Nvidia cards lately? Got a 430W Antec, stock speed on the card, I
unplugged a whole bunch of peripherals (HD's, etc.) and hooked the
card up to a direct PS dongle. Voltages are good. The +12V is 11.85
but that's it. The 3d is fine. Games, Looping 3dmark03, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help...
(before I head back to the store if need be)
Old July 27th 04, 08:53 AM
Sharanga Dayananda

Your nView applet refresh rates are set differently to the Windows refresh
rate settings. This si proly why it clicks away.

om...

Old July 27th 04, 11:36 AM
Granulated

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 07:53:31 GMT "Sharanga Dayananda"
meeped :

Your nView applet refresh rates are set differently to the Windows refresh
rate settings. This si proly why it clicks away.

omg !..

anyway....

I've had the same "quirk" with a number of drivers over the last couple of
years...and on 3 different NV's from different vendors.

I have a PNY 5900U at the moment and the 56-72's are rock solid.
However if I try ANY 60.xx drivers I get that temporary monitor black out
whenever you do pretty much anything with the control panel..including simply
right clickling on the bloody thing. It's ridiculous...and I've never seen an
explaination for it. I've always wondered if it's because of old driver fragment
but I've used all the tools to try and completely remove them to no avail.

THe fade thing you're on about may be something to do with your monitors
voltage regulator being a bit slow to adapt ???
--

) ___ ______
(__/_____) /) (, / )

Old July 27th 04, 10:27 PM
CapFusion

"Granulated" wrote in message
[...]

This is normal behavior of your monitor as your NV card is rescaning it port
for any attachment.

CapFusion,...

Old July 27th 04, 10:47 PM
MXC rules!

Granulated wrote in message . ..
anyway....

I've had the same "quirk" with a number of drivers over the last couple of
years...and on 3 different NV's from different vendors.

I have a PNY 5900U at the moment and the 56-72's are rock solid.
However if I try ANY 60.xx drivers I get that temporary monitor black out
whenever you do pretty much anything with the control panel..including simply
right clickling on the bloody thing. It's ridiculous...and I've never seen an
explaination for it. I've always wondered if it's because of old driver fragment
but I've used all the tools to try and completely remove them to no avail.

THe fade thing you're on about may be something to do with your monitors
voltage regulator being a bit slow to adapt ???

Damn, well thanks for the info. I'll try some older drivers, except
the new drivers state "support for 6800" which of course would be
nice. What does that mean anyway? What would you lose with older
drivers I wonder? It's damn hard on the monitor though, click click
like hitting degaus 25 times a day.

As far as my monitor, it was fine 3 days ago with the 9700 Pro...no
fading. I thought maybe the 6800 was just power hungry..hmmm
Old July 27th 04, 11:36 PM
CapFusion

"MXC rules!" wrote in message
om...

Damn, well thanks for the info. I'll try some older drivers, except
the new drivers state "support for 6800" which of course would be
nice. What does that mean anyway? What would you lose with older
drivers I wonder? It's damn hard on the monitor though, click click
like hitting degaus 25 times a day.

As far as my monitor, it was fine 3 days ago with the 9700 Pro...no
fading. I thought maybe the 6800 was just power hungry..hmmm

For 6800 card, you will need 61.xx version to be able to install. Older
driver will not support 6800.

CapFusion,...