Problem with MOHAA with GF MX 440

Old February 20th 04, 12:19 PM

Default Problem with MOHAA with GF MX 440

Hi, I'm trying to play Medal of Honor in my machine
(ASUS w/Athlon XP 2000, 128Mb DDR400, WinXP)
The problem is that when I get to the menu, I only
see gray rectangles over the different options. If I
put the mouse pointer over these regions, they get
painted.
First I downloaded the latest nvidia drivers, no luck.
Then I downloaded directX 9, no luck.
In some forums some people recommends to upgrade
the BIOS (I'd rather do this as the last option, just in case)

What else can I do? Anybody with similar problem?

Thanks.

Old February 21st 04, 06:49 AM
Lyle

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 00:38:02 GMT, "DaveW" wrote:

I don't believe your card meets the minimum requirements for that game.

yep it dose, ive played both MOHAA, RTCW, JK2, JKA, SOF2 on that video
card
Old February 22nd 04, 01:23 PM
dino

you may not have enough memory..what do you have??? 128 mb?...that will
barely run XP

Old February 23rd 04, 01:28 AM
Dark Avenger

"K" wrote in message ...
Hi, I'm trying to play Medal of Honor in my machine
(ASUS w/Athlon XP 2000, 128Mb DDR400, WinXP)
The problem is that when I get to the menu, I only
see gray rectangles over the different options. If I
put the mouse pointer over these regions, they get
painted.
First I downloaded the latest nvidia drivers, no luck.
Then I downloaded directX 9, no luck.
In some forums some people recommends to upgrade
the BIOS (I'd rather do this as the last option, just in case)

What else can I do? Anybody with similar problem?

Thanks.

Only 128 Mb DDR memory?

That is just enough for windows and microsoft office....if you are
lucky!

Games nowadays just LOVE 1Gb of memory, though 768 does fine to. 512Mb
really is the BARE miminum for gaming, some games have levels...that
are so huge....512Mb doesn't cut it anymore!
Old February 23rd 04, 09:29 AM

Hi, I'm trying to play Medal of Honor in my machine
(ASUS w/Athlon XP 2000, 128Mb DDR400, WinXP)
The problem is that when I get to the menu, I only
see gray rectangles over the different options. If I
put the mouse pointer over these regions, they get
painted.
First I downloaded the latest nvidia drivers, no luck.
Then I downloaded directX 9, no luck.
In some forums some people recommends to upgrade
the BIOS (I'd rather do this as the last option, just in case)

What else can I do? Anybody with similar problem?

Thanks.

Only 128 Mb DDR memory?

No, sorry, 256Mb. My mistake. But I think this isn't enough either, right?
Could there lay the problem?? I mean, does these grey rectangles resemble
to being short of memory?

Old February 23rd 04, 11:27 AM
Mike

On my Athlon XP 1800 machine I have a Geforce 4 MX420 with only 64MB of
memory on the card and 256MB of system memory and I can play all of the MOH
games with no problems. The minimum requirements are a 32MB card and 128MB
system ram. Maybe there is just something wrong with your card. Are you
overclocking? I have had problems similar to this when I've overclocked too
far, even though system seems stable at other times. You shouldn't have a
problem playing it with your hardware though. You should also check to see
how much available system memory you have. Applications running in the
background will diminish your available ram. Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del will
bring up the Windows Task Manager, click on the performance tab. There you
can see your available physical memory.

--
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @2150Mhz
MSI K8T NEO FIS2R

Old February 23rd 04, 03:13 PM

Hi Mike,

On my Athlon XP 1800 machine I have a Geforce 4 MX420 with only 64MB of
memory on the card and 256MB of system memory and I can play all of the

MOH
games with no problems. The minimum requirements are a 32MB card and 128MB
system ram. Maybe there is just something wrong with your card. Are you
overclocking? I have had problems similar to this when I've overclocked

too

No, I don't...

far, even though system seems stable at other times. You shouldn't have a
problem playing it with your hardware though. You should also check to see
how much available system memory you have. Applications running in the
background will diminish your available ram. Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del will
bring up the Windows Task Manager, click on the performance tab. There you
can see your available physical memory.

I even tried after a fresh reboot... that is, with no other tasks... same
result.
Oh, BTW, even though my DDR is 400Mhz, when I boot a text appears that
says: "memory freq. at 100Mhz.." Could this be a problem?

Old February 23rd 04, 11:46 PM
Mike

Your memory is only running at 100Mhz either because that is the default
setting of your motherboards bios, this is the max your MB will support or
you have the FSB set too low. It's hard to say without knowing what MB you
have. Either way, I don't think that is the cause of your problems. Who
makes your card? The company that makes it can make all the difference in
the world. I once had a card made by PowerColor and always had problems. I
sent it back and got the same card, but made by Asus and never had another
problem.

--
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @2150Mhz
MSI K8T NEO FIS2R
Geil Dual DDR 400Mhz Ultra Set, 2x512MB
PNY Verto GeForce FX 5900 SE (core-459Mhz, memory-967Mhz)
Maxtor 160GB SATA 7200 8MB
"K" wrote in message
Hi Mike,

[...]

Help needed with unidentified problem ^MisterJingo^ General 3 November 23rd 04 05:45 AM
ATI Radeon 8500 problem (or the ViewSonice A90f+ monitor problem)?? T.T. Ati Videocards 0 October 9th 04 07:19 PM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
not the same old B&W problem (I don't think) Brian Lee Ati Videocards 0 July 9th 04 01:15 AM
Directx Problem Solved Me Nvidia Videocards 1 August 23rd 03 06:32 AM