why can't I access Tom's Hardware?

Old February 23rd 04, 03:35 AM
McQualude

Default why can't I access Tom's Hardware?

Everytime I try, I get either a blank page or 404 error. I've been trying
for weeks.

--
McQualude
Old February 23rd 04, 03:55 AM
neopolaris

Who cares?

Old February 23rd 04, 04:13 AM
J. Clarke

McQualude wrote:

Everytime I try, I get either a blank page or 404 error. I've been trying
for weeks.

Try clearing your DNS cache.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old February 23rd 04, 05:04 AM
Doug Whitesell \(Verizon\)

Some AMD fanboy, no doubt, got ****ed off and downed THG for their recent
bold criticisms of Athlon64 and the 'sixty-four bit hype'.

--
Doug Whitesell
all your base are belong to us

Old February 23rd 04, 05:10 AM
Mr. Brian Allen

Some AMD fanboy, no doubt, got ****ed off and downed THG for their recent
bold criticisms of Athlon64 and the 'sixty-four bit hype'.

What's not to like? AMD has the fastest chip at the cheapest price. They
beat Intel at every level. Heck, Newegg has had the 2500 XP on sale for 90
bucks for a month now. What Intel chip even comes close to offering that
kind of bang for the buck? Face it, Intel is a bloated media hound. If
they'd spend more money on R&D than advertising, they'd be on to something.

Old February 23rd 04, 05:29 AM
Mr. Brian Allen

Whatever's wrong, you're being done a favor.

Not a Tom's Hardware fan? :-p I like some of their peripheral reviews and
video card benchmarks.

Old February 23rd 04, 07:24 AM
Mike

The only problem I have with THG is their useless overclocking with liquid
nitrogen. They are trying to say it's a big deal that they were able to
overclock a P4 to 5Ghz. Ok, I could understand if they used a little more
practical means of doing so. How many of you have liquid nitrogen sitting
around in the garage? Or can just go out and buy an endless supply to keep
your P4 at 5Ghz? Plain retarded.
--
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @2150Mhz
MSI K8T NEO FIS2R
"jaeger" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
says...

Not a Tom's Hardware fan? :-p I like some of their peripheral reviews

and
video card benchmarks.

Ha, don't get me started. It was OK back in 1996 or so, when Tom
actually wrote good stuff. Now that a bunch of German teenagers write
everything it's useless. The reviews are sloppy, inaccurate, use
totally incorrect methodology, draw conclusions that have no bearing on
any of the previous pages, and often contradict themselves paragraph to
paragraph. I could write a book on why it sucks. Of course you can say
all of this about 99% of all the hardware sites out there, but
unsuspecting innocents are constantly lured to the THG "name value". I
wrote this on Anandtech (which, incidentally, is also circling the bowl)
two years ago, and it's only gotten worse:

http://tinyurl.com/2n8xr

Old February 23rd 04, 01:07 PM
DD

Now there's a useful post!

dd

"neopolaris" . wrote in message ...
Who cares?

McQualude wrote:
Everytime I try, I get either a blank page or 404 error. I've been
trying for weeks.

Newbie Question re hardware vs software RAID Gilgamesh General 44 November 22nd 04 10:52 PM
IDE RAID Ted Dawson Asus Motherboards 29 September 21st 04 03:39 AM
A7V600 On Boot-- Hardware Monitor Error Aardvark G. Bandersnatch, CPE, RCA, IBM, LSMFT Asus Motherboards 1 April 4th 04 06:12 AM
A7V266-MX mobo refuses to detect hardware lock on printer port [email protected] Asus Motherboards 4 February 14th 04 09:43 AM
REPOST: A7V333: no longer able to access hard disks at boot time Chris Metzler Asus Motherboards 6 January 8th 04 06:29 PM