MSI 5900XT

Old February 19th 04, 03:55 AM
Joe Slaney

Default MSI 5900XT

I am thinking of upgrading from a MSI TI4200 to a MSI 5900XT. Would there
be much of an increase in performance and is this card good at running DX9
games.

Thanks

Old February 19th 04, 04:50 AM
The Black Wibble

"Joe Slaney" wrote in message
I am thinking of upgrading from a MSI TI4200 to a MSI 5900XT. Would there
be much of an increase in performance and is this card good at running DX9
games.

Don't get an MSI FX5900XT! It has only a 128-bit memory bus unlike the FX5900XT benchmarked he
http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic...229/index.html

The MSI VGA product list:
http://forum.msi.com.tw/thread.php?t... be85403367ce
and the Excel '97/2000 xls viewer to read it:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN

Tony.

Old February 19th 04, 05:21 AM
The Black Wibble

I have posted a message to the MSI forum asking if the 128-bit buswidth mentioned in the product list is a
typing error. Hopefully it is.

Tony.

Old February 19th 04, 11:02 AM
raj

you sould aviod the xt line of cards from NV, and if your on a tight budget
save money and really aviod it, XT is a one nut card compare to its biger
brother Ultra, jsut get a non ultra and flash it and unlock the pipes and
get it smokin for a low price but a bit more than a XT but well worht the
proformace, or wait 3 months or so and wehn the new NV come out pricess will
fly down

Old February 19th 04, 02:47 PM
BelaLvgosi

"william bell" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 02:02:37 -0800, "raj" wrote:

you sould aviod the xt line of cards from NV, and if your on a tight

budget
save money and really aviod it, XT is a one nut card compare to its biger
brother Ultra, jsut get a non ultra and flash it and unlock the pipes and
get it smokin for a low price but a bit more than a XT but well worht the
proformace, or wait 3 months or so and wehn the new NV come out pricess

will
fly down

Another ****ing Idiot that does not have a Clue, the FX5900XT is being

hailed
as a very good buy, a Suitable replacement for the TI4200.

And you also talk crap about the unlock the pipes, what planet are you

from or
is it you are a Brain Dead Teenager.

Their are no Pipes to unlock you ****ing idiot..

"Joe Slaney" wrote in message
I am thinking of upgrading from a MSI TI4200 to a MSI 5900XT. Would

there
be much of an increase in performance and is this card good at running

DX9
games.

Thanks

For the nth time,
http://www.nordichardware.com/review.../index.php?ez=
5 instead since they are sold at the same price as XT's (talking about
$200), even though they were at $400+ when they came out. It's the XT
predecessor with a regular 5900 core, only 2.8ns mems. The card feels very
heavy, and has you can see is a great overclocker. But as some 9800pro are
getting in the $250 range...

Old February 19th 04, 05:16 PM
MheAd

"william bell" skrev i meddelandet
news
Their are no Pipes to unlock you ****ing idiot..

Yo, Bill! What's the problem?
Woke up on the wrong side of the bed? Left by a girlfriend? Something else?
Whatever the problem is - COOL IT, MAN! No reason to be so agressive!

Old February 19th 04, 08:53 PM
The Black Wibble

"william bell" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:50:05 +1300, "The Black Wibble"
wrote:
Don't get an MSI FX5900XT! It has only a 128-bit memory bus unlike the FX5900XT benchmarked he
http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic...229/index.html

You are So full or utter CRAP, it has the Full 256 Mem Buss, its just a Slow
FX5900 with ALL THE FEATURES..

Don't get snotty at me you steaming pile of donkey dung. I was just going by MSI's own product sheet and then
sent a message to the MSI forum to see if the information was correct because I had second thoughts. There
was ~NOTHING~ crappy about what I did. So BACK OFF!

Tony.

Old February 19th 04, 08:58 PM
The Black Wibble

"william bell" wrote in message news
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 02:02:37 -0800, "raj" wrote:

you sould aviod the xt line of cards from NV, and if your on a tight budget
save money and really aviod it, XT is a one nut card compare to its biger

Another ****ing Idiot that does not have a Clue, the FX5900XT is being hailed

Another ****ing goblin on the forum. Breath through your nose, goblin.

Tony.