Duel Monitors on GeForce 4

Old January 3rd 04, 06:34 PM
Hamsterizer

Default Duel Monitors on GeForce 4

hi,

I'm trying to set up to monitors with my Abit Siluro GeForce 4 Ti4600. One
monitor is an Iiyama vision master 1451 PC monitor and the other is a
Toshiba 14N21B2 colour TV (PAL). I want to set it up so that the video
overlay will playback full screen on the TV.

I've updated the graphics card drivers from NVIDIA's website - I'm running
XP.

At the moment, using clone mode I can get the video overlay to work when I
have my TV monitor set as the primary display, so the video plays back full
screen on the pc monitor, and I see my desktop on the TV (I can then make
Windows Media Player full screen to fill the TV screen) - but I can't get it
to work the other way around, the TV monitor just goes black, or at best has
some flickering lines moving across it.

Hamsterizer

http://www.hamsterizer.com

Old January 4th 04, 01:37 AM
Seahorse

Following prompt first aid from the medic "Hamsterizer"
managed to scrawl the following bloodstained message with a stump On Sat, 3 Jan
2004 18:34:29 -0000:

hi,

I'm trying to set up to monitors with my Abit Siluro GeForce 4 Ti4600. One
monitor is an Iiyama vision master 1451 PC monitor and the other is a
Toshiba 14N21B2 colour TV (PAL). I want to set it up so that the video
overlay will playback full screen on the TV.

I've updated the graphics card drivers from NVIDIA's website - I'm running
XP.

At the moment, using clone mode I can get the video overlay to work when I
have my TV monitor set as the primary display, so the video plays back full
screen on the pc monitor, and I see my desktop on the TV (I can then make
Windows Media Player full screen to fill the TV screen) - but I can't get it
to work the other way around, the TV monitor just goes black, or at best has
some flickering lines moving across it.

Try NOT using clone mode. Open WMP on the TV (i.e. Drag it to the TV, then start
the video). Don't drag the programme when in use...
--
Rgds Mike - Remove XXX to reply
42? 7 and a half million years and

Old January 4th 04, 01:59 PM
Hamsterizer

cheers for the advice, that works! - though it means i cant get the overlay
working with stuff like premiere or after effects. does anyone know a work
around for this or a way to get the video full screen working how its meant
to?

--
Hamsterizer

http://www.hamsterizer.com