Help with dual monitors

Old December 21st 03, 05:59 AM
Mark G.

Default Help with dual monitors

I have a MSI GeForce 3 Ti200 128ddr ram video card. I am currently running
Nvidia driver "44.03_win2kxp_international.exe" on an XP Pro machine. Am
also using Direct X 9.Been trying to get around to setting up dual monitors
now for a while and finally tried it tonight and it didn't go the way I
thought it should. I have Nview installed and was going into it after
putting a "Y" cable so that I could plug both monitors in. When I went to
the display tab in Nview, the area to select the dual monitors was greyed
out so I upgraded the driver to the newest one and then was able to select.
I was under the impression that the driver I had could set up dual monitors,
I just didn't have it calibrated right. In the end I uninstalled the newer
driver and went back to the older one because the newer one seemed to
interfere with some games like Enemy Territory. Also, even after installing
the new driver and even with the old driver, I wasn't able to make it so
that both monitors showed different things. Then would only look identical.
This happened with both drivers. I want to be able to have some stuff show
on one monitor while having other things showing on the original. Could some
folks here please help me through this? Been to the Nvidia site and couldn't
see anything else to help me. Thanks a lot.

Old December 21st 03, 10:34 PM
J.Clarke

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 12:50:17 -0800
"Mark G." wrote:

I thought this one could do that?

If it can it needs a special adapter made for the purpose by the
manufacturer of the board.

Most boards that support dual monitors have two connectors on the board.

news

"Mark G." wrote in message
[...]

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old December 24th 03, 06:35 PM
tq96

I have a MSI GeForce 3 Ti200 128ddr ram video card. I am currently
going into it after putting a "Y" cable so that I could plug both
monitors in. When I went to the display tab in Nview, the area to

Geforce 3 cards only have a single RAMDAC and cannot even run the tv-out
and monitor simultaneously without constraints. The only thing you'll be
able to do is what you've already done, connect a Y cable and mirror the
same image on both monitors, though last time I tried something like that,
I found the image quality to be unacceptably degraded.

GF4, GF2MX and FX (probably all future cards, too) are the only cards from
NVidia that have multiple RAMDACS and can drive multiple displays.