Problems with Jedi Academy

Old November 29th 03, 11:03 PM
Paul Lower

Default Problems with Jedi Academy

Hi
I have aWinfast FX5900 card in a 3.00GHz Intel machine. The sound card is
Creative Audigy 2. Jedi Academy is almost unplayable because of frequent
lock ups. I have to press Ctrl Alt Delete each time to get it going again.
Is anyone else having trouble with this game with the 52.16 drivers? I also
get sound dropouts in Halo.
My spare AMD machine with an ATI 9600 Pro card and bog standard Audigy plays
Jedi Academy with no problems at all.
What do you have to do to make games run without problems! Obviously
spending a lot of money on your machine does no good at all.
Paul

Old November 30th 03, 12:14 AM
martin

Hi
I have aWinfast FX5900 card in a 3.00GHz Intel machine. The sound card is
Creative Audigy 2. Jedi Academy is almost unplayable because of frequent
lock ups. I have to press Ctrl Alt Delete each time to get it going again.
Is anyone else having trouble with this game with the 52.16 drivers? I

also
get sound dropouts in Halo.
My spare AMD machine with an ATI 9600 Pro card and bog standard Audigy

plays
Jedi Academy with no problems at all.
What do you have to do to make games run without problems! Obviously
spending a lot of money on your machine does no good at all.
Paul

The sound dropouts may have something to do with seondary hardrives powering
down, a conflict with the IRQ setting. Try the sound card in s different
PCI slot.

Old November 30th 03, 01:14 AM
Wookie

I have no problems with my TI4400 and 4200 cards with this game .. you got
the latest patches for the game?

Old November 30th 03, 02:13 AM
John Lewis

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:03:12 -0000, "Paul Lower"
wrote:

Hi
I have aWinfast FX5900 card in a 3.00GHz Intel machine. The sound card is
Creative Audigy 2. Jedi Academy is almost unplayable because of frequent
lock ups. I have to press Ctrl Alt Delete each time to get it going again.
Is anyone else having trouble with this game with the 52.16 drivers? I also
get sound dropouts in Halo.

Known Halo problem with Audigy 2 in WinXP. Turn off audio hardware
acceleration. Bingo ---- problem fixed. Hardly any difference in
video performance on a fast machine. New WinXP Audigy 2 drivers
have just been released. Try them for all your problems and see if
there is any improvement.

I don't have JA, but your problems are more likely to be driver/game
conflicts than interrupt. Try experimenting with audio settings in
JA ( even to the extent of turning audio off if you can ) and see if
there is any improvement.

John Lewis

Old December 1st 03, 09:59 AM
Paul Lower

Hi
Thanks for the advice. Both the problems are related to the Audigy 2 and
nothing to do with the video card.
The latest drivers for the Audigy are a big improvement on Jedi Academy but
don't get rid of the problem entirely.
Paul
wrote:

[...]

Sapphire Radeon 9800SE + Shuttle machine = Problems Jiri Kuukasjärvi General 2 September 12th 04 11:17 AM
Omega Drivers Striker Ati Videocards 14 June 10th 04 02:40 PM
Catalyst 4.3, 9800Pro JK Academy & COD don't work Wblane Ati Videocards 10 April 6th 04 07:29 PM
Major Computer Problems Toronto Garage Door Company General 20 November 13th 03 09:41 PM
Jedi Academy problems Christian Atteneder Ati Videocards 5 October 20th 03 08:17 PM