Omega Drivers?

Old November 25th 03, 10:43 PM
Paul

Default Omega Drivers?

Has anyone heard or use these aftermarket "Omega" drivers for Nvidia and
ATI cards? Are they that much better than NVidia's drivers? I was
thinking of using the 45.32 drivers for my MSI ti4200.

Old November 26th 03, 05:14 PM
Robert Pendell

The omega drivers are better than the ati or nvidia drivers. For the ati
ones, I can verify that they do fix a number of problems. A friend had the
straight Cat 3.9 drivers installed on his Radeon 9200 and when we went to
play Links 2003, it was all screwed up. We then uninstalled those drivers
and put the Omega drivers based on Cat 3.9 in its place. That fixed the
problem completely. Also, it improved performance in games too.
Counterstrike previously ran at 50fps (and no higher), not it runs at
100fps. As for the nvidia ones, they do improve performance but you have to
take extra steps. Use the performance set and you won't be disappointed.

--
Robert Pendell

"Paul" wrote in message
Has anyone heard or use these aftermarket "Omega" drivers for Nvidia and
ATI cards? Are they that much better than NVidia's drivers? I was
thinking of using the 45.32 drivers for my MSI ti4200.

Sapphire X800XT-PE: ATI drivers, or Omega? Evert Meulie Ati Videocards 2 November 23rd 04 09:57 AM
Omega Drivers Striker Ati Videocards 14 June 10th 04 02:40 PM
Omega drivers Steve Ati Videocards 4 April 11th 04 11:26 PM
Please Help Mary Ati Videocards 36 February 29th 04 07:28 PM
Omega drivers Richard Rollins Ati Videocards 4 August 25th 03 01:23 AM