GF4 MX440SE TVout not working? Please help

Old November 9th 03, 12:46 AM
Ivan

Default GF4 MX440SE TVout not working? Please help

I have recently bought GF4 MX440SE TVout graphic card so I could watch
movies on my TV set. Since I have old TV that don't have proper input
connector I have tried to make connection through my VCR's SCART
connector.
I connected S-Video out to SCART on VCR but there was no picture.
First my card had option to set TV out but now this option is not
available.In either case there was no picture on my TV, only the sound
from sound card.

Does someone knows what is problem? Is this kind of conncection
possible?
Cabel S-video to SCART is ok.

Please reply to my mail:
Thank you.

Ivan

Old November 9th 03, 10:58 AM
SleeperMan

typed:

I have recently bought GF4 MX440SE TVout graphic card so I could watch
movies on my TV set. Since I have old TV that don't have proper input
connector I have tried to make connection through my VCR's SCART
connector.
I connected S-Video out to SCART on VCR but there was no picture.
First my card had option to set TV out but now this option is not
available.In either case there was no picture on my TV, only the sound
from sound card.

Does someone knows what is problem? Is this kind of conncection
possible?
Cabel S-video to SCART is ok.

Please reply to my mail:
Thank you.

Ivan

First, TV out option is available only if there's anything connectod to TV
out socket, otherwise it's greyed out. So, check out first if you connected
correct two wires on SCART connector. If i remember correct, pin 20 is video
in and pin 21 is ground. connect, restart and see. Then sometimes original
adapter Svideo - to - jack is faulty or has bad contact - especially Svideo
part, which has to be pushed a bit harder to VGA card. To test it you could
connect a resistor to jack of this adapter(and have it connected to VGA, of
course) and see if card recognizes anything connected - resistor should have
a value of 75 ohms, but any from 60 to 100 ohm will do for testing.

mb working and not working!! General 5 October 24th 04 06:11 PM
A7N8X non dlx not working Wilf Asus Motherboards 19 June 17th 04 02:40 PM
LITEON's dark secret? No Longer a LiteOn Customer Homebuilt PC's 49 April 15th 04 04:41 AM
Lite-On's dark secret? No Longer a LiteOn Customer Cdr 11 January 25th 04 05:54 PM
Tvout for Ati radeon M9 on linux giving black&white blur on tv-screen Ronald Ati Videocards 0 September 24th 03 03:13 PM