Best passive cooler for ti4xxx?

Old October 30th 03, 06:32 PM
Rich

Default Best passive cooler for ti4xxx?

Any recommendations?
TIA
Rich

--
Return address modified for spam protection. Remove windy to reply.

Old October 30th 03, 08:18 PM
Lenny

Any recommendations?

Only one choice... Zalman's heatpipe coolers. Thermaltake has one too, but
there's a small fan on it so it doesn't really count. Besides, it's a cheap,
crappy sleeve bearing fan too which will likely start to squeal pretty
quickly considering how hot that cooler will get (hot environments makes the
oil in the fan evaporate faster).

Old October 30th 03, 08:43 PM
Kevin Seal

In message XOcob.45533$mZ5.272662@attbi_s54, Rich
writes
Any recommendations?
TIA

I fitted the Zalman ZM80C to my Abit siluro 4200. It works a treat.
Highly recommended.
--
Kevin Seal (at work)
Y2K Fazer
Old October 30th 03, 08:53 PM
jeffc

"Rich" wrote in message
Any recommendations?

The 4xxx's I've seen have heat sinks and fans. You're going to remove it,
or you have one with a good heatsink/fan?

Old October 30th 03, 10:03 PM
Rich

I have the Abit Siluro Geforce4 ti4200 OTES 8X. The fan is quite noisy. It
didn't bother me at first but I'm upgrading my system and modding the case a
little bit so as long as I'm in the guts of the system I figured why not
silence the VGA card as well. I'll check out the Zalman unit. I notice
that the 80A is a sharp looking gold anodized color, (matching my GoldenOrb)
and the 80C is a dark silver? color. Is one better than the other? What's
the dif between the two?

Thanks much,
Rich

Old October 30th 03, 10:03 PM
Rich

I want to replace the existing hsf on the card. It's too noisy. See reply
to above thread.

Rich

Old October 30th 03, 10:44 PM
jeffc

"Rich" wrote in message
I want to replace the existing hsf on the card. It's too noisy. See

reply
to above thread.

Well the Zalman ZM17CU looks very cool too.

Old October 30th 03, 11:16 PM
Rich

Yes it does but you'll notice that a geforce card higher than a geforce256
requires the use of a fan (Zalman FB165) with it.

Heat sink
http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/cnpsvga2.htm
and fan
http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/cnpsvga3.htm

Old October 31st 03, 05:08 AM
jeffc

"Rich" wrote in message
Yes it does but you'll notice that a geforce card higher than a geforce256
requires the use of a fan (Zalman FB165) with it.

Heat sink
http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/cnpsvga2.htm
and fan
http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/cnpsvga3.htm

Well that's dumb - defeats the whole purpose - to wit:
"ZM17-CU does not require a fan, thus it does not need to be powered, nor
does it create noise or vibration."