FX5900 AGP Aperture size

Old October 30th 03, 11:41 PM
Simon Mallatratt

Default FX5900 AGP Aperture size

Hi

Can any one give me some advise on what size i should set the agp aperture
to in bios currently set to 256m

My Spec

AMD XP3000+
2x512m Crucial 333mhz's ddr
Leadtek FX5900 128m
ASUS a7n8x deluxe
OS win Xp Pro
etc etc

cheers

Old October 31st 03, 07:21 AM
Darkfalz

Why do so many people ask this question? It's ****ing irrelevant.

Old October 31st 03, 08:14 AM
J.Clarke

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:33:39 -0000
"Simon Mallatratt" wrote:

why do so many ppl read this kind of ****in question and moan about
the ****in question you ass hole

Mainly because it's been asked and answered so many times that 30
seconds spent plugging "AGP aperture" into Google Groups would have
told you more about it than you ever wanted to know.

Before asking a question on USENET, you should at least _try_ to find
out the answer yourself--if you've tried and failed it will generally
show in the manner in which you pose your question and people will be a
good deal more likely to try to help you.

And if you're one of those people whose time is so valuable that you
can't be bothered with google, then (a) you should hire a research
assistant (if you're paid that much then you can afford one) and (b)
our time is too valuable to be bothered with answering questions posed
by people who think that we are here to serve them.

kids

"Darkfalz" wrote in message
Can any one give me some advise on what size i should set the agp

aperture
to in bios currently set to 256m

Why do so many people ask this question? It's ****ing irrelevant.

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Old October 31st 03, 02:16 PM
Yeeyoh

Most of the stuff you find with a google search ends up talking about
motherboards that max aperture size is around 64mb. And the video cards out
when these articules were written are quite different than the ones that are
out today.
It's a very relevent question.
There is a very long recent thread on it in
alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd .
Basicaly by the benchmarks it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference as
far as FPS go. As far as image quality goes, the higher the setting the
better the image quality, seems to be the rule.
Most people seem to think that a setting of about half of your systems
ram seems to be right.
Good luck.

.. .

Old October 31st 03, 02:40 PM
Lenny

Can any one give me some advise on what size i should set the agp aperture
to in bios currently set to 256m

Just leave it at 256.

Old October 31st 03, 02:56 PM
Dennis

"Darkfalz" wrote in message
Can any one give me some advise on what size i should set the agp

aperture
to in bios currently set to 256m

Why do so many people ask this question? It's f**king irrelevent.

yeah, ...dont you know this news group is only here for
those who know everything? If you are not one of them then Dont ask any
questions here.
Besides this is mainly a flaming board for hard core inept ATI
lovers to take cheap shots at Nvidia card owners becuase thier choice of
cards is at best, ..questionable.

Old October 31st 03, 07:58 PM
Lenny

yeah, ...dont you know this news group is only here for
those who know everything?

Heh, well, while the guy you replied to was a bit harsh, those that DO
know, maybe not everything but at least a lot, often get frustrated by
seeing the same simple questions asked over and over and over.

Oh well, at least the days when seemingly 60% of the posts were "why is my
3dmark score so low?!?!?!?!" or similar topics seem to be over now... Guess
we can thank Nvidia's cheating drivers for that.

Old October 31st 03, 08:25 PM
Richard Unsworth

Charming, how nicely put!

"Darkfalz" wrote in message
Can any one give me some advise on what size i should set the agp

aperture
to in bios currently set to 256m

Why do so many people ask this question? It's ****ing irrelevant.

A7N8X Deluxe Memory Upgrade and Graphics Aperture Size [email protected] Asus Motherboards 3 December 30th 03 04:27 PM
Aperture size Sheldon Roger Ati Videocards 18 December 8th 03 11:29 PM
Agp aperture size Christian General 2 October 28th 03 12:43 AM
Graphic Win Size on BIOS (ECS K7S5A Pro & Ti4200 64MB) Cuzman Nvidia Videocards 3 October 18th 03 04:09 PM