optimal drivers for TNT2 64?

Old October 25th 03, 08:41 PM
HamMan

Default optimal drivers for TNT2 64?

"Steve Evans" no@spam wrote in message
As per subject. I've tried 30.82 and performance seems pretty poor.
There could, however, be a problem with the card itself, as the
heatsink is hanging off

Since TnT2's are worthless now, its time to get dirty with the card.

Get some Artic Silver Epoxy and 'attach' an socket 7 heatsink and fan
(Pentium 1) to the main chip.

Then using the coolbits registry crack jam the core speed up as high as it
will stabley go, and then do a marginal overclock on the memory.

I would suggest drivers around 43-ish, that way theres not to many pointless
(to you) GF4 and FX fixes.

I will try and upload an example one of my friends did to a GF2 card to some
webspace. Link to follow soon.

Hamman

Old October 25th 03, 08:52 PM
HamMan

http://members.lycos.co.uk/dumbass2k3/PA250008.jpg

Old October 27th 03, 09:49 AM
Darthy

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 20:26:23 +0100, Steve Evans no@spam wrote:

As per subject. I've tried 30.82 and performance seems pretty poor.
There could, however, be a problem with the card itself, as the
heatsink is hanging off

There is nothing to OPTIMIZE...

If you want faster performance, a new card is in order. TNT2
technology is about 5 years old.

If you tried to play Unreal2 here are the results:

TNT2 : 15FPM (Frames Per Minute)
GF2MX : 5FPS (Frames Per Second)
GF3 : 25FPS
GF4TI: 60FPS
GF 5900: 150FPS

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old October 28th 03, 11:54 AM
Lenny

remember socket 7 HSF's are virtualy weighless.

Depends on what you mean by 'weightless'. The Alpha PEP66 for example isn't
exactly weightless. Ok, it's no Swiftech over-half-kilo chunk of copper, but
still around 200g or so, especially with a fan.