Detonator (2K-XP) 52.16 Beta

Old October 19th 03, 09:08 PM
Lee Marsh

Default Detonator (2K-XP) 52.16 Beta

Mirror 1: http://www.hanners.nildram.co.uk/detonator52.16xp.zip
Mirror 2:
Mirror 3:

Old October 20th 03, 11:38 AM
Nick (no dashes)

Lee Marsh wrote:

Mirror 1: http://www.hanners.nildram.co.uk/detonator52.16xp.zip
Mirror 2:
Mirror 3:

I've just tested 52.13, 52.14 and 52.16

Compared to 52.13 which I have been using for the past week or 2, .14
looked a bit faster and indeed got slightly better results in both
Aquamark and 3DMark03, while .16 was slightly down in AM3 and just
watching it I could tell it was going to score badly.

I ran all tests a few times and it came out consistently, so it's 52.14
for me for now.

Using all driver defauls, Quality settings with 52.13:
3DMark03-03: 5978
Aquamark3: 42452

Using all driver defauls, Quality settings with 52.14:
3DMark03-03: 6044
Aquamark3: 42571

Using all driver defauls, Quality settings with 52.16:
3DMark03-03: 5982
Aquamark3: 41995

Old October 20th 03, 01:15 PM
not me

"Nick (no dashes)" wrote in message
Lee Marsh wrote:

[...]

You could tell by watching it that it would be .5 fps slower? You can see a
half a frame per second?

Old October 20th 03, 01:53 PM
Nick (no dashes)

Lee Marsh wrote:

[...]

Apparantly

Yeah - I agree that sounds dumb, but bear in mind those totals come from
averages. I saw places where it was choppier than I'd seen it on the .13
drivers.

But yes, I stand by that statement - I was watching it run, and I
thought 'this is going to come out low'. That it was only slightly lower
overall surprised me.

Old October 20th 03, 05:13 PM
cheezemurda

Aight coo man..thx for the info.
Old October 20th 03, 11:31 PM
Tom

I don't really care about those benchmarks, are real games playable and how
do they look?
I've never paid to much attention to synthetic benchmarks.

Old October 21st 03, 01:43 AM
k_yhz

I use a GeForce 4 Ti 4600 and for now just using 3D Mark 2001 SE build
330 and all of my benchmarks have been in the ball park with each new
version. I did however notice quite a decline with the 52.16 beta
drivers. I have not tried any earlier 52 series drivers yet -
unfortunatley I still subscribe to the idea that newer really should
be better, right?

ver # = score
28.32 = 8178
29.41 = 8096
29.42 = 8251
30.82 = 8064
40.41 = 8494
40.72 = 8406
41.09 = 8483
42.86 = 8467
43.00 = 8455
43.45 = 8304

52.16 = 7781

I should mention that I have a P4 1.5 gig (Wilamette) with 256MB
PC-800 RDRAM...
Well, now I guess I'll see how some games play and whether or not the
dual monitor works well - I find often with the beta's that some
functions of dual monitor usage are a little wonky.

Old October 21st 03, 09:50 AM
Nick (no dashes)

Lee Marsh wrote:

[...]

I agree - which was really what I was saying - the .16 *looked* worse to
me so while the benchmarks said it was a trivial difference, I went with
what I liked the look of.

The big jump was from 45.23 to 52.13 for me. It let me run Battlefield
with AA and AF and yet still feeling great. I got Command and Conquer
yesterday, but didn't try it before going with the .14 driver. I did
play it for about 3 hours and it is just silky smooth.

I run the benchmarks when I change driver just to see what it
does....it's a sport in itself to see those numbers going up and then
overclocking to see what else comes out But I always end up with no
overclocking because my motherboard eventually looses it's onboard audio
and I have to reset default speeds to get it back. (yeah...I don't get
it either, but it's true...Asus P4P800 Deluxe).