nVidia to release WHQL 52.16 next week...

Old October 18th 03, 09:24 PM
Too_Much_Coffee ®

Default nVidia to release WHQL 52.16 next week...

A little birdy told me that the WHQL 52.16 drivers will be released
officially some time next week. 'Officially' means they will appear on the
nVidia website.

We'll see.

Too_Much_Coffee ®

---
Got GigaNews?
http://www.giganews.com/customer/gn26215

Old October 19th 03, 12:09 AM
Lee Marsh

"Too_Much_Coffee ®" a utilisé son clavier pour écrire :
A little birdy told me that the WHQL 52.16 drivers will be released
officially some time next week. 'Officially' means they will appear on the
nVidia website.

We'll see.

Too_Much_Coffee ®

The 52.16 for 9x can already be downloaded he

http://www.ivmm.com/download_inno3d.html

And for 2k/XP 52.14 can be download he

Old October 19th 03, 07:18 AM
cheezemurda

I have a question about those 2 sites you posted with the 52.14 beta drivers....

On both of those sites they have 2 different versions...one is 9mb and the other is 18mb

Have you tested either or both of them and what is the difference between them?

The exe's are different

Also...is the 18mb international or is it the full beta driver?

(I just dont want either one to eff up my card)

Right now I'm using the 52.13 and it works great...just wondering if the 52.14 has any major improvements
Old October 19th 03, 09:28 AM
Too_Much_Coffee ®

"cheezemurda" wrote in message
I have a question about those 2 sites you posted with the 52.14 beta

Right now I'm using the 52.13 and it works great...just wondering if the

52.14 has any major improvements

The 9MB version is zipped and is extracted if you run it. They are both the
international version and appear to be the same except for the time of day
on the files. The files in the 18mb Inno version have the latest time.

I am going to wait for the WHQL 52.16 official release.

TMC

Old October 19th 03, 10:05 AM
Lenny

(I just dont want either one to eff up my card)
Right now I'm using the 52.13 and it works great

Then just keep on doing that.

I don't understand why some people change drivers the way they change
underwear (well, HOPEFULLY change underwear, heh heh), what's the point?
Especially with beta drivers.

Old October 19th 03, 11:35 AM
Paul Moloney

Any idea of these drivers will be
actually (rather than theoretically)
compatible with older cards, such as
my GeForce2 Ti? I've had problems
with all the 5.* versions so far,
and the later 4.* ones.

P.
Paul Moloney, Technical Writer
http://www.paulmoloney.org Remove the obvious bit to email
Old October 19th 03, 03:29 PM
LeeB18509

"Paul Moloney" wrote in message
Any idea of these drivers will be
actually (rather than theoretically)
compatible with older cards, such as
my GeForce2 Ti? I've had problems
with all the 5.* versions so far,
and the later 4.* ones.

P.
Paul Moloney, Technical Writer
http://www.paulmoloney.org Remove the obvious bit to email

They'll probably just produce a black screen, but you'll get 23,000 in
3dMark03...

Old October 19th 03, 06:13 PM
Joe Pyles

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 14:29:44 GMT, "LeeB18509"
wrote:

"Paul Moloney" wrote in message
Any idea of these drivers will be
actually (rather than theoretically)
compatible with older cards, such as
my GeForce2 Ti? I've had problems
with all the 5.* versions so far,
and the later 4.* ones.

P.
Paul Moloney, Technical Writer
http://www.paulmoloney.org Remove the obvious bit to email

They'll probably just produce a black screen, but you'll get 23,000 in
3dMark03...

52.16 for win 2k/xp
http://www.elite*******s.com/#news2356
Old October 20th 03, 04:18 PM
Nick (no dashes)

Lenny wrote:
(I just dont want either one to eff up my card)
Right now I'm using the 52.13 and it works great

Then just keep on doing that.

I don't understand why some people change drivers the way they change
underwear (well, HOPEFULLY change underwear, heh heh), what's the point?
Especially with beta drivers.

Well, for someone like me who bought their first decent video card
(ever) without enough research and getting a 5900 Ultra when nearly
anyone would have told me to go ATi, I have been VERY happy with the
results of newer beta drivers. The 45.23s may have been a low point, but
when I got the 52.13 I can now admit I breathed a bit of a sigh of
relief. I'm now running .14 as .16 seemed to slow my machine down again.

So, I guess there are a few of us feeling we could do with that bit
extra, and for the few minutes it takes to download and try a driver,
it's worth checking them out.