Sound does not work on windows 98

Old September 17th 03, 10:49 PM
Chris Roth

Default Sound does not work on windows 98

I dual boot with 98 and xp. I recently bought the Asus p4c800 mobo. My
onboard sound works fine on XP but on 98 it doesnt work at all. When I click
on the sound max settings it says "Digital Output taken by another
application" Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Old September 18th 03, 12:08 AM
Shepİ

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:49:06 GMT, In this world we created "Chris
Roth" wrote :

I dual boot with 98 and xp. I recently bought the Asus p4c800 mobo. My
onboard sound works fine on XP but on 98 it doesnt work at all. When I click
on the sound max settings it says "Digital Output taken by another
application" Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

On board sound doesn't usually support hardware sound acceleration.Try
this
Start/run and type dxdiak/OK/Sound and move the slider all the way to
the left.If no good also here,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/mmsystem.html
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/drivers.html
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/directx.html

HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,
Old September 18th 03, 12:10 AM
Shepİ

Roth" wrote :

I dual boot with 98 and xp. I recently bought the Asus p4c800 mobo. My
onboard sound works fine on XP but on 98 it doesnt work at all. When I click
on the sound max settings it says "Digital Output taken by another
application" Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

On board sound doesn't usually support hardware sound acceleration.Try
this
Start/run and type dxdiag/OK/Sound and move the slider all the way to

Old September 18th 03, 12:57 AM
Shepİ

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 01:47:36 +0200, In this world we created "Lars A"
wrote :

Try disable system sound.

Why are you telling me?
I don't have a sound problem.Please reply to OP
PS
Huh?

.. .

Old September 18th 03, 01:45 AM
Shepİ

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 00:26:41 GMT, In this world we created "Chris
Roth" wrote :

This did not work any other suggestions

You may have another application hogging the sound card.Try trimming
your start up group

http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/startup.html
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup...artup_full.htm

and also check again but also look for updated mother board sound chip
drivers.