How is eVGA or PNY quality? Compared to Asus?

Old September 3rd 03, 02:06 PM
Aloke Prasad

Default How is eVGA or PNY quality? Compared to Asus?

The eVGA 128 bit FX5900 card is now available for $279 at googlegear.com
So is a PNY Verto 128 MB FX5900 card at CompUSA.

I was originally going to buy the ASUS FX5600 product. But the above seem
like a great deal.

How does the eVGA card (specs at http://www.googlegear.com/PDF/322653.pdf' )
compare to it's more pricey cousins?

Some details for the eVGA card a

256-bit GeForce FX 5900 (400MHz Core Clock)
128MB 256-bit DDR Memory
AGP 8X/4X Compatibility (AGP 3.0 Compliant)
PC 99 DB-15 analog connector (VESA DDC2B + DPMS)
DVI-I Connector for Analog/Digital Display
Integrated NVIDIA TV Encoder for TV Out
300 Million vertices per second (est.)

They seem to be using all of NVIDIA's drivers and utilities.

Similar Asus card (V9950/TD/128M) is $389 !!

--

Aloke
---

Old September 4th 03, 08:51 AM
John Lewis

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 13:06:44 GMT, "Aloke Prasad"

The eVGA 128 bit FX5900 card is now available for $279 at googlegear.com
So is a PNY Verto 128 MB FX5900 card at CompUSA.

I was originally going to buy the ASUS FX5600 product. But the above seem
like a great deal.

How does the eVGA card (specs at http://www.googlegear.com/PDF/322653.pdf' )
compare to it's more pricey cousins?

Actually the eVGA FX5900 128meg is $248 from www.gameve.com including
free Fedex Super Saver shipping to the US. I bought one from them.
Quiet fan. No real frills, reference nVidia design..........just works
perfectly.

John Lewis

Old September 4th 03, 09:49 AM
Ron Merts

Personally, I'd choose eVGA any day over PNY. As for comparing it to ASUS,
they are very comparable cards. Have used LOTS of eVGA video cards and
don't have any negative experiences with them.

Ron