latest driver release question

Old August 28th 03, 07:28 PM
wrongdoi

Default latest driver release question

I am running WinXP HE SP1 with video card nVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
64meg.

I downloaded and installed the latest drivers from nvidia, 45.23 WHQL,
released Aug 13th. Everything is running fine but when I go to
Winupdate I get a driver update available and it is the previous
driver released by nvidia on May 2.

When I removed the latest driver and reinstalled the May 2nd driver I
do not get a driver available notice on Winupdate for the Aug release.

Is there a reason why WinUpdate does not see the Aug driver update I
installed and tells me to install the May 3 release?

Thank you in advance for any replies!

Old August 28th 03, 07:46 PM
wrongdoi

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:34:15 GMT, "Me" wrote:

The Windows update driver is passed by Microsoft for use.
The Driver from Nvidia hasn't been passed by Microsoft for use via Windows
update.

Someone has their version checking wrong. Microsoft most likely.
I would install the Nvidia driver and not the Microsoft one.
Unless you have a specific reason to do otherwise.

I have the Nvidia latest driver installed no matter what the update
page says right now. Like you mentioned, one day that recommended
driver update will probably disappear from the Update page when MS
notices it.

Thanks for the reply!!

.. .