Flight Sim 2004 + GeForce FX 5200?

Old July 24th 03, 05:04 PM
Gon

Default Flight Sim 2004 + GeForce FX 5200?

I want to buy Flight Sim and a GeForce FX card due to not enough money, will
this combo work good? I mean nice graphic... hehe... @ least 1024 X 768 with
nice deatil?

Old July 24th 03, 06:00 PM
Mario Kadastik

Gon wrote:
I want to buy Flight Sim and a GeForce FX card due to not enough money, will
this combo work good? I mean nice graphic... hehe... @ least 1024 X 768 with
nice deatil?

Depends on what you want and which FX5200 you buy. I did buy a FX5200
that had 64bit DDR memory and the result is quite average. I guess with
not all bells and whistles on you could play it. I haven't read what
exactly is M$ planning for FS2004, but FS2003 was running just fine with
MX440 so I think FX5200 with 128 bit DDR might just do the job unless
you want 4xFSAA & 8xaniso @ 1600x1200.

But as I'm not too much of an expert on FX5200 then the above has just
been my humble opinion.

Mario

PS! I'm for example going to swap my FX5200 to a FX5600 in august when
my sales guy is back from vacation as I do want to play Doom III and HL
II in any other resolution than 640x480 and can't afford FX5900Ultra.

Old July 24th 03, 07:34 PM
Wanderer

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:04:17 GMT, "Gon" wrote:

I want to buy Flight Sim and a GeForce FX card due to not enough money, will
this combo work good? I mean nice graphic... hehe... @ least 1024 X 768 with
nice deatil?

If you plan on only running in 1024x768 max, then the 5200 will be a
decent fit. Anything higher and you'll really be needing something
more high end.

Old July 24th 03, 10:05 PM
Max

Such as a Athlon XP1700+ and a GeforceFX5200 (non-ultra) ?

"K" skrev i meddelandet

"Gon" wrote in message
. ca...
I want to buy Flight Sim and a GeForce FX card due to not enough money,

will
this combo work good? I mean nice graphic... hehe... @ least 1024 X 768

with
nice deatil?

Unfortunately MS Flight Sim (2002 and 2004) seems to stress both CPU,

memory
and vid card to their limits, especially if you want everything looking as
pretty as possible. An FX5200 should be adequate for 1024x768 if paired

with
a reasonably fast CPU, but after a while you'll be yearning for1600x1200

all
maxed out

Old July 25th 03, 01:38 AM
Derek Wildstar

"Gon" wrote in message
. ca...
I want to buy Flight Sim and a GeForce FX card due to not enough money,

will
this combo work good? I mean nice graphic... hehe... @ least 1024 X 768

with
nice deatil?

I can't recommend that combo. I tested the low end 5200 at that resolution
with above average quality settings, and found the ti4200 beat it in almost
every measurement.

Even worse, the 5600 isn't even a sure-bet for simming. However, like others
have said, if you are pairing them with an otherwise fast
system....ehhhhh.....personally I wouldn't do it unless I played a lot of
other games that were more FX friendly. I'd stick with the quality geforce
4's. They perform better, unquestionably.

Old July 25th 03, 02:31 PM
Mr SUHA SIRMAKES

FX 5200 is only good for displaying desktop icons..Forget playing ANY game
at ANY decent resolution....Unless u wanna look at pretty statues on your
screen...I' ve ditched mine for a PowerColor 9600 Pro......Now thats what i
call NICE graphic card :-)))))))

GA-7N400Pro
AMD 2500+ @ 3000+ ( 2.18) (sys.28*-cpu.34*)
Volcano 11+
2x256 MB A-DATA Ram ..DualChannel
PowerColor 9600 Pro stock ? for now !!

3D Mark 2003.......3800

Old July 25th 03, 03:40 PM
Brendan

is ur athlon a tbird or barton core? what spec ram u using? what r ur clock
and multiplier setting? how have u oc'd ur cpu? got any pics of the mobo,
cos im lookin at gettin 1 with sata and raid.

Brendan C.

Old July 25th 03, 06:13 PM
FX

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:31:53 +1000, "Mr SUHA SIRMAKES"
wrote:

-FX 5200 is only good for displaying desktop icons..Forget playing ANY
game
-at ANY decent resolution....Unless u wanna look at pretty statues on your
-screen...I' ve ditched mine for a PowerColor 9600 Pro......Now thats what
-call NICE graphic card :-)))))))
-
-GA-7N400Pro
-AMD 2500+ @ 3000+ ( 2.18) (sys.28*-cpu.34*)
-Volcano 11+
-2x256 MB A-DATA Ram ..DualChannel
-PowerColor 9600 Pro stock ? for now !!
-
-3D Mark 2003.......3800
-
That game is suppose to run on a ati 9000pro(mostly full detail) witch is
about the same as a fx5200 (in performance) if you experience problem
blame your mobo not the card.

it shure that he card wount give you much frame rate but it will be
playable. higher graphic card are made to have greater lithning effect and
frame rate... that it that all.
Old July 31st 03, 02:32 AM
stanmc

Gon wrote:
I want to buy Flight Sim and a GeForce FX card due to not enough money, will
this combo work good? I mean nice graphic... hehe... @ least 1024 X 768 with
nice deatil?

I'm using an FX5200 (ASUS 9520 Video Suite) and FS 2002. The board is an
ASUS a7n8x dlx v2.0 with a Barton 2500+ o'clocked to 2.08GHz. Works just
fine. It plays Quake III Arena well enough.

Old July 31st 03, 04:46 PM
Mario Kadastik

stanmc wrote:
Gon wrote:

I want to buy Flight Sim and a GeForce FX card due to not enough
money, will
this combo work good? I mean nice graphic... hehe... @ least 1024 X
768 with
nice deatil?

I'm using an FX5200 (ASUS 9520 Video Suite) and FS 2002. The board is an
ASUS a7n8x dlx v2.0 with a Barton 2500+ o'clocked to 2.08GHz. Works just
fine. It plays Quake III Arena well enough.

Well he was talking about Flight Sim 2004 not 2002. I'm getting it just
now and will let you all know how FX5200 behaves ...

Mario