Here is what Prolinks say's about the problem

Old July 28th 03, 08:31 PM
Bruce Wilson

Stan,
here, they obviously don't know anything.

"Stan Linder" wrote in message
That is the limit of nvidia chipset itself. As for ATI, I don't know what
chipset you used, but most of the ATI chipset does not support that
function.

To solve this problem, we have a gameshow product for it.

But right now that is the technology vs price range problem.

Peter Fan

Prolink Computer

15336 E Valley Blvd

City of Industry, CA91746

Tel: 626-369-3833

Old July 28th 03, 11:11 PM
Mario Kadastik

Wo wo ... I'm for example using a FX5200 with TV out pretty well. I'd
first recommend experimenting around a bit before changing the hardware.

Why do so many people think it's easier to just through out a piece of
hardware, buy a new one and hope that it fixes the problem while the
same issue could be resolved with a few hours tweaking and looking around?

I would change my hardware only when I'm sure that noone else is able to
run this combo either. But if most of the people are pretty happy with
theirs then most likely it's a problem with myself and most likely it's
not an issue with the card here as far as I understand (he can use TV
out for everything else other than videos and the videos play fine on
his monitor). Hence it's most likely a configuration issue and as others
have it working then most likely it's not a driver issue.

Just to compa I have used nVidia TV out through nView on Inno3D GF4
MX 440 with drivers 43.45 and 44.03 and I have used TV out with my
FX5200 with drivers 44.03, 44.67, 44.71, 44.90 (haven't tried 45.20 yet).

So it's supported. You just have to find the right place where you have
somthing misconfigured...

Mario

Old July 28th 03, 11:18 PM
Mario Kadastik

Stan Linder wrote:

As it was I figured it out myself. Just put the app u want to use in nviews
application box. Click on the settings and u get the windowed box on ur
monitor and full screen on ur tv.

Geesh if someone had of just said that, it would have been easy as pie. I
did try the things that ppl here told me, and they didn't work.

Perhaps if Nvida had more info on how to use Nview there would not be so
many rants. Besides I had a right to rant after spending hard earned money
on something I could not get to work right.

Shoot even the maker of the card say's it is the limitmation of the card
(wrong as it turns out) and wanted to sell me more software to solve the
problem.

Beside after spending 77 bucks on a card I can;t go back.

regarding nView documentation:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nview_tutorials.html
http://download.nvidia.com/windows/4...sers_Guide.pdf

so there are documents available regarding nView. Just as it's by nVidia
chipsets: don't trust the manufacturer. Go to nVidias site and you'll
find what you need

Mario

Old July 29th 03, 01:52 PM
Bratboy

Duh Bruce, your so informative...considering he said in the message header
that the info was directly from Prolink not any user here what goods your
advice other than that he should ignore you as well hehe since latter in
thread he actually has solved his prob.
..
"Bruce Wilson" wrote in message
Stan,

rants
[...]

Help needed with unidentified problem ^MisterJingo^ General 3 November 23rd 04 06:45 AM
ATI Radeon 8500 problem (or the ViewSonice A90f+ monitor problem)?? T.T. Ati Videocards 0 October 9th 04 07:19 PM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
not the same old B&W problem (I don't think) Brian Lee Ati Videocards 0 July 9th 04 01:15 AM
Freezing, lock up, unresponsive problem. James General 5 September 5th 03 02:54 PM