Problems with GeForce 4 MX440SE 128MB DDR (Xtra Info)

Old July 21st 03, 09:05 PM
---]Rob[---

Default Problems with GeForce 4 MX440SE 128MB DDR (Xtra Info)

Hi again,

I've noticed that the drivers being installed by default for the card
are for the MX440, wheres I've got a MX440SE could this cause the problem?
(The Core & Clock frequencies are different between the two). How do I get
the nVidia install program to recognise the card correctly?

Another thing I forgot to mention is when I click on Advanced in Windows
Display Properties the screen blanks and "clicks" as though changing
settings, is this normal?

Sorry to be such a hopeless case but this is the first upgrade I've done
for over 5 years and things have changed quite a bit since then!

Rob

Old July 21st 03, 10:55 PM
Alan

sorry i cant help you very much
but theres one thing i know

I've noticed that the drivers being installed by default for the card
are for the MX440, wheres I've got a MX440SE could this cause the problem?
(The Core & Clock frequencies are different between the two). How do I

get
the nVidia install program to recognise the card correctly?

my video card (same as yours) also installs as a 440 and not 440se... ive
been running my pc stable as a house for coming on 70 days now...so i dont
think that is what is causing the problem

i think but dont quote me on this that the possible overloading of the psu
could be sausing voltage drops and problems with your machine id suggest a
larger power supply but id get advice from someone else first

sorry i could be of no more help to you

alan