GeForce4 help

Old July 17th 03, 02:00 AM
Bob in PA

Default GeForce4 help

Hi,
I just built a new computer with a pentium 3, 800 megahertz chip, 512 mb
sdram, 60 gig harddrive, a GeForce 4 MX | 440-SE video PCI card and a
Phillips soundcard.
My problem is, for a while, I had the display set to 800x600 with High
color (16 bit). I restarted the computer and the display reset only 16
colors and a choice of 800x600 and 640x480. I'm also running Windows 2000
Professional. Anyone help me?

Thanks,
Bob

--
Take ME away to reply

Check out my homepage at:

Http://Trains99.tripod.com

Old July 17th 03, 02:59 AM
Guess

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:00:41 -0400, "Bob in PA"
kindly blessed us with his following
theory:

Hi,
I just built a new computer with a pentium 3, 800 megahertz chip, 512 mb
sdram, 60 gig harddrive, a GeForce 4 MX | 440-SE video PCI card and a
Phillips soundcard.
My problem is, for a while, I had the display set to 800x600 with High
color (16 bit). I restarted the computer and the display reset only 16
colors and a choice of 800x600 and 640x480. I'm also running Windows 2000
Professional. Anyone help me?

Thanks,
Bob

If re-installing the drivers does not work, use the Det Destroyers

Pete
Old July 17th 03, 11:57 AM
John

Try the update driver function instead of install file
normally works for me when strage thing take place
cheers

Old July 17th 03, 04:09 PM
Bob in PA

After I posted the message last night, I went back to my computer and
restarted it one last time. As you can guess, it worked fine and I was able
to change the resolution and color. Figures... I did remove the drivers
and reinstall, and it didn't work but I guess it did this time.

Thanks for your help,

Bob