Is my 3Dmark03 score normal for my setup (GeForce XP 5900)?

Old July 12th 03, 03:32 PM
Andrew Staley

Default Is my 3Dmark03 score normal for my setup (GeForce XP 5900)?

Might want to try the latest BETA drivers on this site
http://www.guru3d.com/ should bring it up to nearer the 5000 mark. But that
score looks about right for a non-overclocked system wit the non-ultra card.

My 5900 ULTRA gets around 6200 on 3DMark03 with the 44.71 drivers.

Andrew

"Darth Elvis" wrote in message
Hi,

I built my PC and performed the 3Dmark03 test. I scored "only" 4332. I
expected it to be higher. I used the default 3Dmark03 settings at 1024.

Here's my setup:

Pentium 4 3.00Ghz (hyperthreading enabled)
Asus P4C800 Deluxe motherboard
2*512 MB Kingston HyperX DDR-SDRAM PC3500-233
Asus V9950 GeForce XP 5900 128MB

Windows XP Professional SP 1
DirectX 9.0a

My question is, is my 3Dmark03 score of 4332 too low and if it is, what
could be the cause of it? Any BIOS, Nvidia of Windows tweaks I missed?

Thank you,
Darth Elvis

Old July 12th 03, 04:39 PM
Roger Squires

Sounds right but you'll get more performance with the beta 44.67 or 44.71
beta drivers.

Please remember the quotes around "performance" next time.

rms

Old July 12th 03, 11:29 PM

Well Roger,

I tested both versions of the beta driver against the 44.03 in several
different gaming benchmarks as well as 3DMark2003 and the performance is
about 7-10 percent more depending on the game. This is without any
overclocking applied.

regards

. ..

Old July 14th 03, 11:05 AM
carchadon

For what it's worth I get 5600 odd with a GeForceFX5800 Ultra and an
XP2400+ CPU on a 266FSB Mobo (PC2100 Ram) and no overclocking using 44.03
drivers and Windows 2003 Server.