Time to replace my old Gladiac 920 GF3...Help appreciated..

Old July 14th 03, 02:06 PM
Paul Irvine

Default Time to replace my old Gladiac 920 GF3...Help appreciated..

My Gladiac was fine bar awful S-Video out (thanks for the help on that
folks, tried all suggestions) but now the fan on it has died and the
card isn't too happy so I'd like to move up to a newer card.

From reading in here I see a lot of not so stunning comments on the Fx
range unless you go to the 5900's which I can't reach price wise.

What I want is a worthwhile Nvidia card that offers better performance
than my GF3 on both the 2D and 3D side, I'd also hope for a card that
won't become obsolete 2 secs after the purchase but that's unlikely
:-)

I can't decide if I should head into the FX range or just go to a GF4
as I see good reports of framerates and I'm not overly worried about
high AA support although it's a nice bonus.

ie I want a card that performs well and does not just offer pretty eye
candy as the only extra.

Any makes to go for and those to avoid?

All help much appreciated..
--

Paul...

If replying from a newsgroup remove the OBVIOUS spamtrap, if it's an email then it's removed already.
Old July 15th 03, 03:22 AM
KSlater

I'd go for the 5600 or the 5900 value. I have a GF4 already and am thinking
of going up for amusement. I doubt that performance and picture quality will
improve much on a 15" monitor. LOL

"Paul Irvine" wrote in message

My Gladiac was fine bar awful S-Video out (thanks for the help on that
folks, tried all suggestions) but now the fan on it has died and the
card isn't too happy so I'd like to move up to a newer card.

From reading in here I see a lot of not so stunning comments on the Fx
range unless you go to the 5900's which I can't reach price wise.

What I want is a worthwhile Nvidia card that offers better performance
than my GF3 on both the 2D and 3D side, I'd also hope for a card that
won't become obsolete 2 secs after the purchase but that's unlikely
:-)

I can't decide if I should head into the FX range or just go to a GF4
as I see good reports of framerates and I'm not overly worried about
high AA support although it's a nice bonus.

ie I want a card that performs well and does not just offer pretty eye
candy as the only extra.

Any makes to go for and those to avoid?

All help much appreciated..
--

Paul...

If replying from a newsgroup remove the OBVIOUS spamtrap, if it's an email

then it's removed already.

Computer loses track of date & time? Ablang General 2 August 17th 04 07:35 AM
Dell Hardware Swap/Add Capability? WillW General 41 June 30th 04 04:13 PM
Hewlett-Packard & Circuit City Richard E Sgrignoli General 2 March 17th 04 10:42 AM
Old PC Occasionally Won't Start, Doesn't Power Down all the time mr x General 6 February 26th 04 05:50 AM
Happy Birthday America SST Nvidia Videocards 336 November 27th 03 08:54 PM