Windows XP & ASUS V7700 (GeForce 2) video card

Old July 4th 03, 07:40 PM
Lance DeVooght

Default Windows XP & ASUS V7700 (GeForce 2) video card

I have the same video card, but without the TV-out.
("ASUS AGP-V7700 Deluxe Pure")

And, I have the same problem as you do.
My card has always worked perfectly (still does)
in Win98, & Linux (mostly Mandrake, currently 9.1)
(I run with a mult-boot configuration)

Did you ever fix your's?

Lance

John van der Veur wrote:
Hi,

I have an ASUS TUSL2-C MB with a Pentium 3 (1000) CPU and an ASUS
AGP-V7700 Deluxe TV video card. The ASUS vide card is based on the
nVidia GeForce 2.

I have used Windows 98 for the past few years and apart from the
system freezing when using the capture function of the video card I
haven't had any problems.

However, I recently installed Windows XP Pro and the first time the
system boot up after installation it froze. On re booting the error
message I got was that Win XP didn't like the nVidia chipset in the
video card.

To cut a long story short I have used a variety of video drivers both
from ASUS and nVidia but the problem persists - the system freezes
within a short time of booting up.

I replaced the ASUS V7700 card with a Matrox G400 I had and now Win XP
runs like a charm but I really would like to be able to use the V7700.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

John