Far Cry, Barton @ 2350 & 9800 Pro: bottleneck is?

Old June 10th 04, 07:14 PM
Dr. Richard Cranium

if there is indeed a cpu in question here. neither - your machine should
crank if you have = 2.0 ghz cpu

maybe your sound device is the choker ?

besides if this is what you have to work with - whats the prob ? you gonna
arrive there in the past tense..

Maybe you should post with results and ask "what happened ?"

just kidding. there is nothing bleeding edge out there in the wings waiting
to be rushed to market right now anyway.

unless you go over to ATI and pick up one of those baseball caps and a
9800pro 256megger. $299

http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm

** No Fate **

cheers,
dracman
Tomb Raider: Shotgun City
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.org/traod/traod.html
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraide...r1pictures.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraide...1midaspics.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/uzi.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb2.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/medipak.htm

**savegame editors all versions Tomb Raider & TRAOD godmode
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tr2code.htm

http://www.smokeypoint.org/farCry.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm

** Win2k and winXP hi-res with TR1
http://www.smokeypoint.com/glidos.htm

** Tomb Raider 1 add on UB levels
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb2.htm#Tova

** GTA III vice City Character MOD
http://www.smokeypoint.com/uzi.htm#gta3

.... so much of me...

"Wblane" wrote in message
For this combo (on an Abit NF7s v2.0 w/1GB dual-channel) is the 9800 Pro

the
bottleneck or the CPU?

at http://www.TitanNews.com

Old June 10th 04, 08:39 PM
Wblane

Default Far Cry, Barton @ 2350 & 9800 Pro: bottleneck is?

Old June 10th 04, 09:40 PM
Remo-Shiva

what's the CPU?, you only state what mobo u have and how much RAM u have.

Shiva

Old June 10th 04, 09:43 PM
Zulu

"Remo-Shiva" skrev i en meddelelse
what's the CPU?, you only state what mobo u have and how much RAM u have.

read the title...

I have an identical configuration, and I am playing in 1600x1200 on my 20"
TFT.
OCing the gfx card gives me higher frame rates = GPU is bottleneck...

Zulu

Old June 10th 04, 09:56 PM
MKH1

1600*1200 ehh, must be a slideshow?
Eyecandy must be off...

Marni.

. ..

Old June 10th 04, 10:13 PM
Zulu

"MKH1" skrev i en meddelelse
. ..
1600*1200 ehh, must be a slideshow?
Eyecandy must be off...

Yes, no AA and no AF, but all settings in Far Cry at highest.

Zulu

Old June 11th 04, 03:26 AM
Wookie

I have a similar system as I am running a NF7-S (2.0), 1 gig Ram (PC3500),
XP2700 @ 2315MHZ, 9800 PRO - stock speed and Fry Cry runs great. I guess
you should check and see if you have the latest ATI drivers and the latest
Nvidia platform drivers and the latest FAR Cry patch.

Old June 11th 04, 11:53 PM

Zulu wrote:

"MKH1" skrev i en meddelelse
. ..
1600*1200 ehh, must be a slideshow?
Eyecandy must be off...

Yes, no AA and no AF, but all settings in Far Cry at highest.

I can't even play FarCry at 1024x768 with everything cranked up without
FSAA. I do have Anistropic at its max. I have an Athlon 2200+ XP with
1 GB of RAM, ATI Radeon 9800 AIW Pro (128 MB; Catalyst driver v4.5) and
Windows XP Professional SP1 (all updates).
--
"Don't step on ants... they're people too." --a quote from ANTZ movie.
/\___/\
| |o o| | E-mail: NT or
\ _ / Be sure you removed ANT from e-mail address if you get
( ) a returned e-mail.
Old June 12th 04, 03:43 AM
DreamMaker

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:14:10 -0000, "Dr. Richard Cranium"
wrote:

if there is indeed a cpu in question here. neither - your machine should
crank if you have = 2.0 ghz cpu

maybe your sound device is the choker ?

besides if this is what you have to work with - whats the prob ? you gonna
arrive there in the past tense..

Maybe you should post with results and ask "what happened ?"

just kidding. there is nothing bleeding edge out there in the wings waiting
to be rushed to market right now anyway.

unless you go over to ATI and pick up one of those baseball caps and a
9800pro 256megger. $299

Gigabyte GA-7NNXP (5PCI) NForce2 [S462]

i plan to get this mobo and i would apreciet if some add any
experience bad or good whit it

i got an xp2600 and ddr333 mem.
Old June 13th 04, 03:58 AM
First of One

It ultimately depends on resolution and FSAA level, doesn't it?