Using 1152x864 resolution has black lines and squares in UT2004.

Old May 24th 04, 11:41 PM

Default Using 1152x864 resolution has black lines and squares in UT2004.

Does anyone know why I cannot use 1152x864 resolution (32bit) without
these annoying graphic glitches (look like from shadows?)? If I lower
to 1024x768 resolution, they don't appear. I tried disabling both FSAA
and Anisotropic for 1152x864 resolution, but they were still there. I
have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AIW (128 MB) with Catalyst v4.5 driver. I
cannot go higher because I would be downgraded to 60hz refresh rate
which flickers to my eyes. 1152x864 is the highest I can go for 75hz
refresh rate on my Samsung 763mb 17" monitor. I also have all graphic
details cranked to the maximum in the game.

Thank you in advance.
--
"Ants. There's a size for every picnic, a colour for every occasion,
and a bite to let you know that they are there. Apart from the bite,
| |o o| | E-mail: NT or
\ _ / Be sure you removed ANT from e-mail address if you get
( ) a returned e-mail.
Old May 25th 04, 04:24 AM
Augustus

wrote in message
news
Does anyone know why I cannot use 1152x864 resolution (32bit) without
these annoying graphic glitches (look like from shadows?)? If I lower
to 1024x768 resolution, they don't appear. I tried disabling both FSAA
and Anisotropic for 1152x864 resolution, but they were still there. I
have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AIW (128 MB) with Catalyst v4.5 driver. I
cannot go higher because I would be downgraded to 60hz refresh rate
which flickers to my eyes. 1152x864 is the highest I can go for 75hz
refresh rate on my Samsung 763mb 17" monitor. I also have all graphic
details cranked to the maximum in the game.

It would help if you mentioned the brand and type of monitor. Any LCD not
running at native resolutions has issues of some kind. I don't know of any
LCD with a native resolution of 1152x864. They go 1024x768 14-15", 1280x1024
17-19", 1600x1200 20 +". CRT's should not do this at 1152x768.

Old May 25th 04, 09:20 AM
patrickp

On Tue, 25 May 2004 03:24:55 GMT, "Augustus"
wrote:

wrote in message
news
[...]

OP says it's a "Samsung 763mb 17" monitor," Augustus. And,
presumably, it wouldn't be an LCD monitor or he wouldn't be having
problems with a 60Hz refresh rate.

patrickp

- take five to email me
Old May 25th 04, 08:24 PM
Shawk

"patrickp" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 May 2004 03:24:55 GMT, "Augustus"
wrote:

wrote in message
news
[...]

Do you have the latest drivers for the screen loaded? Is 1153x864 at 75hz a
native resolution for this screen or are you forcing it?

Old May 25th 04, 09:45 PM

Shawk wrote:

"patrickp" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 May 2004 03:24:55 GMT, "Augustus"
wrote:

wrote in message
news Does anyone know why I cannot use 1152x864 resolution (32bit) without
[...]

The highest it can go is 1280x1024 at 60hz. I can't force it 75hz. I do have
the latest Catalyst drivers and monitor drivers (a bit old from the Web site).
And yes, this is a CRT monitor (forgot to say SynchMaster). See
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s&vi=tech-data for details.
Old May 26th 04, 12:45 AM
Augustus

OP says it's a "Samsung 763mb 17" monitor," Augustus. And,
presumably, it wouldn't be an LCD monitor or he wouldn't be having
problems with a 60Hz refresh rate.

patrickp

- take five to email me

Hmm...didn't notice that. Thanks