Doom3 (alpha) on 9800Pro Problems.

Old December 17th 03, 01:08 PM
Knickers

Default Doom3 (alpha) on 9800Pro Problems.

I can get the game to initialise and it takes me to the main menu, when i
click on new game the loading screen appears but then I get a windows error
pop-up.

My system is ..

AMD XP 2600 (clocked to 2225Mhz)
512Mb DDR 2700
Gigabyte GA7VAXP Mobo
Radeon 9800Pro 128Mb (Latest Omega Drivers 2.4.96c)

TIA,

Old December 18th 03, 03:24 PM
LeeB18509

"Knickers" wrote in message
I can get the game to initialise and it takes me to the main menu, when i
click on new game the loading screen appears but then I get a windows

error
pop-up.

My system is ..

AMD XP 2600 (clocked to 2225Mhz)
512Mb DDR 2700
Gigabyte GA7VAXP Mobo
Radeon 9800Pro 128Mb (Latest Omega Drivers 2.4.96c)

TIA,

I can't imagine why....

Old December 18th 03, 04:09 PM
Magwheelz

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:08:19 -0000, "Knickers"
wrote:

windows error pop-up.

Could you be more ambiguous please?
Did you check for the error on technet?

Gotta go,
Magwheelz

Old December 18th 03, 04:42 PM
Inglo

On 12/17/2003 5:08 AM Knickers befouled our nation with:

I can get the game to initialise and it takes me to the main menu, when i
click on new game the loading screen appears but then I get a windows error
pop-up.

Doom3 Alpha doesn't work that easily, it should have come with some
instructions on what you have to do to get it to work.
Has nothing to do with your system.

--
pining for the fjords,

Steve [Inglo]
Old December 18th 03, 06:29 PM
Knickers

instructions on what you have to do to get it to work.
Has nothing to do with your system.

I got it working, great game.

Old December 20th 03, 12:04 PM
Thomas Andrén

I can get the game to initialise and it takes me to the main menu, when i
click on new game the loading screen appears but then I get a windows

error
pop-up.

My system is ..

AMD XP 2600 (clocked to 2225Mhz)
512Mb DDR 2700
Gigabyte GA7VAXP Mobo
Radeon 9800Pro 128Mb (Latest Omega Drivers 2.4.96c)

TIA,

First you must copy map files: from x:\Doom_III\base\maps\e3 to
x:\Doom_III\base\maps.
Then you start Doom, at main menu you must press console button (that one
under ESC) and then write mapname: Map e3_1
You have 5 maps to choose from, i guess this alpha version was made for NV30
instructions if you look in "DoomConfig.cfg", dont have any high
expectations when running it on a ATI card at this time.

Doom 3 have very good sound effects and i havent seen any game this EVIL
since Quake1, i nearly had to change underwear when a zombie jumped at my
back.!!

/Thomas A/

Old December 20th 03, 05:48 PM
Knickers

First you must copy map files: from x:\Doom_III\base\maps\e3 to
x:\Doom_III\base\maps.
Then you start Doom, at main menu you must press console button (that one
under ESC) and then write mapname: Map e3_1
You have 5 maps to choose from, i guess this alpha version was made for

NV30
instructions if you look in "DoomConfig.cfg", dont have any high
expectations when running it on a ATI card at this time.
Doom 3 have very good sound effects and i havent seen any game this EVIL
since Quake1, i nearly had to change underwear when a zombie jumped at my
back.!!

I didn't have to copy any files at all, and it ran fabulously on my 9800pro.

It did however struggle at 1600x1200 6xAA and 6xAF by giving me 9fps (but it
did look stunning), I lowered the res to 1280x1024 4xAA, 4xAF and get 55fps
(still looks stunning) :-D

I agree, the game IS scary, kinds like a Resident Evil/Doom hybrid :-)