Video Pro and MMC 8.2

Old November 23rd 03, 08:59 AM
Bob

Default Video Pro and MMC 8.2

I just received the ATI Video Pro directly from Canada. However, the
This card is so new it's not even listed on the web site except in
sales.

I installed the card and everything was fine until MMC 8.2 started to
install (it's last). It showed a 1607 Scripting runtime error and
would not start the install shield. I only get this error if I try in
install it in Safe mode. In nomral XP mode it just quits after 10
seconds...doesn't freeze; just nothing. The other stuff appears to
install normally, but not 8.2

I also have an ATI AIW 128 video card AGP. I wanted the improved
video from the new tuner and some of the software promised. The old
card still works, except the driver is not quite right for XP.

I did manage to see the tuner output using WinDVD recorder and
selecteing the Video Pro as the source. Picture is very high contrast
and overly bright as well. Color saturtion is washed out. I can't
seem to adjust it to look good.

So I'm perplexed. Any ideas from anyone? I put together this trouble
report, but I can't figure a way to mail to to ATI Customer Care
(there's a joke.)

Screen Resolution: 1024 x 728
Color Depth: 32
Problem Description:

==========================SYSTEM
INFORMATION===========================

Machine Brand: ASUS
Machine Model: A7a266
CPU Type: AMD Athlon(TM) XP1800+
CPU Speed (MHz): 1544 MHz
Chipset Vendor ID 10b9
Chipset Device ID 1647
Chipset Revision 4

[Enum\Root\*PNP0C01\]

============================O/S
INFORMATION============================

Windows XP -- 5.01.2600 Service Pack 1
DirectX Version 09.00.0902

======================DISPLAY ADAPTER
INFORMATION======================

PCB P/N: 1029520100080753
Upgrade Module P/N:

RAGE 128
ASIC
Card Manufacturer = ATI Technologies Inc.
Type = RAGE 128
Bus Type = AGP
I/O Type = Relocatable
I/O Base Address = D800h
Aperture Configuration = 64 MB
Aperture Range = 4 G
Aperture Address = F8000000h
Register Aperture Address = F7000000h
VGA Disabled = No
VGA Boundary = Full Access
2D Acceleration = Yes
3D Acceleration = Yes
Motion Compensation = Yes
IDCT Acceleration = Yes
Bus Mastering = Yes
AGP Transfer Supported = AGP 1X, AGP 2X
Current AGP Transfer Mode = AGP 1X, AGP 2X

PCI Configuration
Device ID = 5246
Vendor ID = 1002
Revision = 0
Bus Number = 1
Device Number = 0
Function Number = 0
Subsystem ID = 0028
Subsystem Vendor ID = 1002
Primary Display Device = Yes

Memory
Type = SDR SGRAM 1:1 / SDRAM
Size = 32 MB
Frequency = Not Detected
Block Write Support = No

BIOS
Version = 001.001.002.001
Date = 1999/10/07
Part Number = 113--5340-1-1
DDC Detected = Not Detected
DDC Support = Not Detected

Video Out
Chip Type = Rage Theater
Standard = NTSC
Crystal Frequency = 27.0 MHz
Version = 54
Bus Type = VIP
Connector = Not Detected
MacroVision = Yes

Video In
Chip Type = Rage Theater
Standard = NTSC
Connector = Not Detected
I2C Address = 8Ah

Tuner
Type = Philips FI1236 MK2 NTSC M/N North America
Standard = NTSC
I2C Address = C0h
Power Down Support = No

Audio
Type = ITT MSP3430 (NA)
I2C Address = 80h
CD Input Connector = Not Detected
CD Output Connector = Not Detected

Multimedia
I2C Type = Dedicated I2C Pin
All-In-Wonder Family = No
I/O Expander = Yes
I/O Expander Address = 70h
I/O Expander Value = 71

======================DISPLAY DRIVER
INFORMATION=======================

All-In-Wonder 128 AGP
6.60-010926m-1476C-ATI
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\ati2mtaa.sys
Version = 6.13.3279.0 Size = 285088 bytes
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\atinbtxx.sys
Version = 4.91.1.5104 Size = 60464 bytes
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\atinmdxx.sys
Version = 4.13.1.5104 Size = 11280 bytes
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\atinpdxx.sys
Version = 6.13.10.5118 Size = 11920 bytes
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\atinraxx.sys
Version = 4.13.1.5104 Size = 32848 bytes
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\atinrvxx.sys
Version = 4.13.1.5104 Size = 65104 bytes
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\atinttxx.sys
Version = 4.13.1.5104 Size = 20960 bytes
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\atintuxx.sys
Version = 6.13.10.5118 Size = 37296 bytes
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\atinxsxx.sys
Version = 6.13.10.5118 Size = 32976 bytes
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ati2dvaa.dll
Version = 6.13.3279.0 Size = 297120 bytes
C:\WINDOWS\System32\atioglaa.dll
Version = 6.13.10.1652 Size = 1527904 bytes
C:\WINDOWS\System32\atipuixx.dll
Version = 6.13.1.2519 Size = 921600 bytes
C:\WINDOWS\System32\atipdsxx.dll
Version = 6.13.1.2519 Size = 163840 bytes
C:\WINDOWS\System32\atippaxx.dll
Version = 6.13.1.2519 Size = 81920 bytes

=================================FILES============ =====================

%%%%%%%%%%C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT%%%%%%%%%%

%%%%%%%%%%C:\CONFIG.SYS%%%%%%%%%%

%%%%%%%%%%SYSTEM.INI%%%%%%%%%%

; for 16-bit app support

[drivers]
wave=mmdrv.dll
timer=timer.drv

[mci]
[driver32]
[386enh]
woafont=dosapp.FON
EGA80WOA.FON=EGA80WOA.FON
EGA40WOA.FON=EGA40WOA.FON
CGA80WOA.FON=CGA80WOA.FON
CGA40WOA.FON=CGA40WOA.FON
[network]
Bios=29382413

%%%%%%%%%%WIN.INI%%%%%%%%%%

; for 16-bit app support
[fonts]
[extensions]
[mci extensions]
[files]
[Mail]
MAPI=1
CMC=1
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
OLEMessaging=1
[MCI Extensions.BAK]
aif=MPEGVideo
aifc=MPEGVideo
aiff=MPEGVideo
asf=MPEGVideo2
asx=MPEGVideo2
au=MPEGVideo
ivf=MPEGVideo2
m1v=MPEGVideo
m3u=MPEGVideo2
mp2=MPEGVideo
mp2v=MPEGVideo
mp3=MPEGVideo2
mpa=MPEGVideo
mpe=MPEGVideo
mpeg=MPEGVideo
mpg=MPEGVideo
mpv2=MPEGVideo
snd=MPEGVideo
wax=MPEGVideo2
wm=MPEGVideo2
wma=MPEGVideo2
wmp=MPEGVideo2
wmv=MPEGVideo2
wmx=MPEGVideo2
wvx=MPEGVideo2
wpl=MPEGVideo
[FISApp]
CLSID=492328A021786115F0922B
[Internet]
URLID=16790212
[annie]
CaptureFile=
VideoDevice=1
AudioDevice=0
FrameRate=667111
UseFrameRate=1
CaptureAudio=1
WantPreview=0
MasterStream=0
CaptureCC=0
UseTimeLimit=0
TimeLimit=0
[WS_FTP]
VERSION=2000.02.23
DIR=C:\Program Files\WS_FTP
DEFDIR=C:\Program Files\WS_FTP
GROUP=WS_FTP
INSTOPTS=4
[WS_FTP95]
VERSION=2000.02.23

Old November 26th 03, 01:39 AM
Bob

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 07:59:28 GMT, Bob wrote:

[...]

I reached ATI on the phone today in Canada. Got dropped back to dial
tone once, finally got through to second level. They offered to send
me a new CD. They suggested I update my Windows Installshield, I did,
no change. One guy said he didn't think the Video Pro would work with
my "ancient" ATI AIW 128.

Last night I downloaded and installed Show Shifter. It works.
Excellent tuner, but I want MMC 8.2 to work to get Video Soap, etc.
Apparently the PIP only works with Radeo AIW cards.

Has anyone gotten MMC 8.2 to install. They suggested I try 7.9, but
that brought up the splash screen after installeing the launch pad and
then stopped. nothing.

Anyone got any suggestions?
Old December 4th 03, 03:26 AM
DaDD

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 00:39:49 GMT, Bob wrote:

[...]

I got the same card direct from ATI.......with MMC 8.2 I'm running
along side the 9700 Pro. It's connected to my analog cable via coax
and also to my satellite tuner via RCA.
I got MMC 8.2 to install ok, but have had to reinstall it a number of
times, due to audio problems and it just failing to startup.
All in all I find ATI's MMC to be flakey in general. I like a lot of
the features, but it's not stable enough for daily use.
And after trying a few different TV capture apps, I found MMC to
provide the poorest video quality, live and recorded.
Right now I'm using WinDVR3. Seems to be ok. If only it had a few
more features like MMC. Especially like the "thru view"

Check this out the 1607 error
http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=q108340

I'll check out Showshifter

DaDD
Old December 17th 03, 02:36 AM
johni

DaDD wrote in message . ..
[...]

I bought the same TV Wonder PRO card to complenent my video Xpert2000
pro 32m AGP. My problem was exactly the same I could not load any MMC
software higher to version 7.9. I am in the process of communicating
with ATI to resolve this issue and will post a response when resolved.
If someone else finds a solution please post it here as well, thanks.