Ga-7N400-L

Old April 19th 04, 07:32 PM
jokerzwyld

Default Ga-7N400-L

I installed this MB and installed Windows XP. The problem is that Windows
will not shut the computer off, it freezes on the shut down screen. I
changed the cmos settings to S3 suspend to ram and it then started to shut
off properly. After installing the latest series of security updates from
Microsoft it will not shut off anymore. I've tried different combinations of
S1 and S3 with the other settings but it won't work. I have never
experienced this problem before, but am aware that this is a know problem,
however nothing on the Microsoft site seems to work. Can anyone help?

The Jokerz Wyld

Old April 27th 04, 05:18 AM
zzipper

Those last 5 updates caused total havoc at my office. A bunch of our laptops
with Intel mini-pci nics crapped out, some even had to be formatted and
reinstalled, the rest needed all the networking components and drivers
reinstalled from safemode to be recovered. I've heard other tales of woe
regarding these updates so you're not alone!