Gigabyte SINXP1394 won't boot anymore!

Old February 9th 04, 09:37 AM
Glzmo

Default Gigabyte SINXP1394 won't boot anymore!

Today during operation my computer with a Gigabyte SINXP1394 mainboard
suddenly crashed as the screen went blank. After I powered down and powered
back up again, it wouldn't boot anymore. I have not altered BIOS, soft- or
hardware in any way, it just stopped working all of a sudden.
Now I don't get any error beeps, not even the normal 'all clear beep' that I
usually got when starting the computer, so I don't know what could be wrong.
On bootup, all fans are spinning, and both the Power and HDD LED are
constantly lit. There is no video signal. The LED on the mainboard is lit as
well.
I also cleared the CMOS by removing all power and the CMOS battery for a few
minutes, but it wouldn't help.
The video card, RAM, HDD and CPU do not seem to be faulty, as they work fine
in my other system. I tried another power supply too, to no avail. Why don't
I get any beepcodes? Is the mainboard dead? If so, why are the
CPU/Northbridge fans still spinning and the LEDs lit? What does it mean if
both the HDD and Power LEDs are constantly lit on this mainboard?
Please help me!

Thanks in advance,

Glzmo

Old February 13th 04, 03:10 PM
Blah

I have a similar problem on a GA7-n400 type board. It starts to boot, but
rather than the normal start beep, I hear "click" coming from the speaker
then nothing.

Pulled the cpu and plugged it back in, now I immediately get "booo deee boo
dee" then the system shuts down.

sometimes it goes to the click.

Old April 19th 04, 11:19 PM
dimension-7

This is where the dual bios comes in....I can't find the book that came with this mb, but i seem to remember that there is a jumper somewhere that you can change to force it to boot from the backup bios.