8KNXP: where can i find IDE driver?

Old July 30th 03, 12:22 PM
klausa2

Default 8KNXP: where can i find IDE driver?

Hi,

I just bought a 8knxp. I was planning on using my existing maxtor
120GB drive with installed W2K. So I hooked it up to the IDE1
connector. POST went well, I even got a short W2K start up screen.
Then: Blue screen, INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE. Seems W2K doesnt like to
be transplanted from one mainboard to the other. Seems reasonable,
8knxp probabely has a different controller chip than my old asus
p2bds. Option 1: Install W2K and all applications again, or, option 2:
try to keep the old installation and feed W2K the required drivers
somehow. Guess what: I want to try option 2 .

At present I have no RAID installed, but I read in the raid manuals
from Gigabyte, that there are special drivers for raid on the cd, that
came with the mobo. I assume that there must be drivers for the
regular IDE connectors also, and that I can copy them to floppy,
interrupt W2K startup by pressing F6, and install the drivers from
floppy. Is that indeed so?? if yes, does anybody know, where on the cd
I can find the driver(s)? Or any other ideas on how to transplant W2K
to the 8knxp? THX. - Klaus
Old July 30th 03, 01:03 PM
Boudewijn

Hello,
As you said, the drivers are on the CD.
Just browse the CD, you will find them fairly quickly.
Good luck
Boudewijn

om...

Old July 31st 03, 12:20 AM
Timothy Drouillard

Keep in mind that If you are using just a plain (no RAID) IDE Drive,
Gigabyte suggests that HD's go to the IDE 1 connector (Red), CD drives go to
the IDE 2 connector (White).

If you are going to use IDE RAID, the the drives get connected to the green
IDE connectors IDE 3 and IDE 4.

If you are going to use RAID, then you WILL need the drivers on a floppy to
install Windows. If you are NOT going to use RAID, no special drivers are
needed.