Mixing 256MB sticks with 512 in A7n8x-e

Old May 1st 04, 05:35 PM
D R Tester

Default Mixing 256MB sticks with 512 in A7n8x-e

So long as the ram has similar specs i.e. can run at the same timings should
not be a problem. Run your 2 sticks of 256MB in slots 1 & 3 and the 512MB in
slot 2 - that way you'll run in dual channel....

Dom

"JL" wrote in message
Hi,

Just a quick question: I have to PC3200 2.5 256mb TwinMos Stick in my
rig and want to expand to 1.GB

Is it good enough if I buy an extra 512Mb (so I have 2x256 + 1x512) or
do you recommend me to sell those 256 and get two 1MBs.

Also, is it crucial that all the sticks are the same brand-specs of if
I get another 2.5 with similar specs is good enough (not sure I'll be
able to find the same TwinMos)

Please let me know your opinion. TIA

JL

Old May 1st 04, 06:11 PM
Doug Ramage

Are you sure?

My non-E needs 256Mb sticks in slots 1 & 2 (= Channel 1) and 512Mb stick in
slot 3 (= Channel 2) for dual channel mode.

But the E version could be different?
--
Doug Ramage

Old May 1st 04, 06:19 PM
D R Tester

Just been surfing -

Slots 123= Single Channel 64bit. Slots 1-3 = dual channel 128bit slots 2-3
most people think that its dual channel but its not on the ASUS!! 1-3 is
only DC DDR.

Dom