ASUS Tech Support

Old February 5th 04, 12:40 AM
Diaboyos

Default ASUS Tech Support

This is just a gripe session to get it off my chest, but honestly, has
anyone received worse tech support than from ASUS? I have been waiting for
a response to the handful of requests I have sent for almost a month now and
they never even bothered to respond! They are by far the worst company I
have ever had the displeasure of dealing with for support!

Old February 5th 04, 03:30 AM
gdp

Diaboyos wrote:

This is just a gripe session to get it off my chest, but honestly, has
anyone received worse tech support than from ASUS? I have been waiting for
a response to the handful of requests I have sent for almost a month now and
they never even bothered to respond! They are by far the worst company I
have ever had the displeasure of dealing with for support!

If you are e-mailing them, this may partially explain the lack of
response...

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13952

--
Change 'invalid' with net to reply personally
Old February 5th 04, 06:15 AM
KC Computers

"Diaboyos" wrote in message
This is just a gripe session to get it off my chest, but honestly, has
anyone received worse tech support than from ASUS? I have been waiting

for
a response to the handful of requests I have sent for almost a month now

and
they never even bothered to respond! They are by far the worst company I
have ever had the displeasure of dealing with for support!

We are a dealer and have found ASUS to be much more responsive
to phone calls.

---
Kevin Chalker, Owner KC COMPUTERS
E-mail: Web: www.kc-computers.com
Internet dealer for 13+ years!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!

Old February 5th 04, 06:43 AM
Jim

The Asus website seems to be down. Do you know how they handle dead fan
headers ? I noticed that my chipset fan was not going
and then discovered that all of the headers are dead. The rest of my fans
use connectors to the PSU and only use the monitor lead.

Board is 2 years old A7v266-E

Thanks for any info.

Jim

Old February 6th 04, 07:41 AM
Diaboyos

"Diaboyos" wrote in message
This is just a gripe session to get it off my chest, but honestly,

has
anyone received worse tech support than from ASUS? I have been waiting

for
a response to the handful of requests I have sent for almost a month now

and
they never even bothered to respond! They are by far the worst company

have ever had the displeasure of dealing with for support!

We are a dealer and have found ASUS to be much more responsive
to phone calls.

I was trying not to call because it seems every time I do the phone
support thing I get someone who can't speak English but thanks for the tip
I'm to the point where I'm gonna try it.

Old February 6th 04, 08:42 AM
tom C

I used Asus tech support once and got a response within 18 hours.
helpdesk,asus.com
I was satisfied
Tom

Old February 6th 04, 09:09 AM
KC Computers

"Jim" wrote in message
The Asus website seems to be down. Do you know how they handle dead fan
headers ? I noticed that my chipset fan was not going
and then discovered that all of the headers are dead. The rest of my fans
use connectors to the PSU and only use the monitor lead.
Board is 2 years old A7v266-E Thanks for any info.

Jim, your motherboard has a 3yr warranty so they will repair it at
no cost. Give them a call or e-mail them at
for return instructions. They usually reply to e-mail RMA requests
within 24 hours.

Good luck.

---

Old February 6th 04, 10:44 PM
Jim

I dont know if its always the case but I needed support for a Shuttle board
yesturday. I gave them a call and talktalked with a live tech in about 5
minutes !!

I was quite suprised that any companies still offered that kind of support
for motherboards.

I started tha ASUS support and they sent me a message back requesting more
system info including OS, memory, bios, drives etc etc. Dont see why they
should need that for a fan header problem. I could see it if they asked
how many fans were plugged in and how much power I was pulling, but they
didnt ask that.

I dont know if its worh the effort for this one to be without the board for
a few weeks. I'm thinking about sticking a passive one on and the rest of
the fans are connected to the PSU. I will have to live with no RPM
monitoring.

om...

Old February 7th 04, 07:38 AM
Diaboyos

"tom C" wrote in message
om...
I used Asus tech support once and got a response within 18 hours.
helpdesk,asus.com
I was satisfied
Tom

I did that 3 weeks ago, they responded with a question 2 days later
and after replying back I've been waiting ever since. When I have some time
I'm just gonna call em.