problem with DVI connection (Samsung 191T and FX5600)

Old November 29th 03, 01:12 AM
Brian from 11cb.com

Default problem with DVI connection (Samsung 191T and FX5600)

Hi all!
I have a problem with DVI connection on my Computer.
I can use Analog connection without any problem. But DVI connection
never works for me.

Here is what I got.

Intel P4 3.0GHz (HT enabled) w/Vantec VP-C7040
ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe with BIOS Rev.1014 (P4CED14A)
2x Kingston HyperX 512MB DDR PC3200 CAS2 (Dual DDR Mode)
ASUS V9560VS fx5600 128MB with DVI-I and Analog (15PIN) VGA Connection
(ASUS 52.16 Driver and nVidia 52.16 Driver)
Built in Intel 1G NIC, Sound
Sony 16X DVD Rom on Secondary IDE as a Master Drive
Sony 52x CDRW on Primary IDE as a Master Drive
Sony 1.44NB FDD
2x WD 160GB JB (8MB Cache) with Raid 0
Samsung Syncmaster 191T 19" LCD with Dual Input (DVI and Analog) with
the newest driver
Lian Li Aluminum Case with Vantec VAN-400B 400Watt PSU
Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility 5.0.2.1002 Production
Version
Windows XP Pro w/SP1a

I've also tried...

MSI Ti4600 128MB
ATI AIW 9700 Pro

My Problem is...

DVI Connection never works for me.
Contacted Samsung Tech Support and I was told it was Defective
Monitor. So I got a replacement from newegg.
Replacement monitor didn't work. Contacted Samsung Tech Support again.
This time, they said it should be the video card.
Tried 3 different video cards with all different drivers. no luck...
Hooked up CRT monitor and connect 191T as a 2nd Monitor, nView cannot
detect lcd monitor.
And monitor goes to stand by mode.
I guess system is not getting any signal from the Samsung 191T LCD.
It works perfectly fine with Analog, but I want DVI connection.
Can anybody tell what the problem is?
Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor English!

itsocool @ hotmail.com
Old December 1st 03, 05:58 AM
Mike

Hi Brian

My set is very (VERY) simular to yours. Same mobo,cpu,video,case and of
cource monitor
I've connected my 191T analog and digital (it came with two cables, so why
don't)
First of all my opinion is that digital connection doesn't bring great
advantage. So if
you need to buy an expencive cable.... it's not worth it.
The problems i had switching from analog to digital were mainly driver
related.
On the cd are two version's and it took me a while switching the software
(NVIDIA) to digital
Sometimes (after new driver installation) i still have some problems to 'go
digital'
What helps is to press the 'exit' button on the panel...

Good luck
Mike

m...