Crash with vertical lines A7n8xd w/ AIW 8500DV

Old November 26th 03, 04:38 PM
mage

Default Crash with vertical lines A7n8xd w/ AIW 8500DV

I have been having this fun problem with my computer (all recently new
components, by the way) where it works perfectly in all ways until I
try to run a game. DirectX, openGL, doesn't matter. I won't get more
than fifteen minutes or so (at the most) of play before the system hangs,
looping the last sound and displaying a very ugly set of colorful
vertical lines on my screen.

Win2k sp4
A7n8xd nvida (2.0) nforce 2 ulta 400 (Phoenix award v6.00pg)
1gig 400 mhz crucial ram

ATI AIW 8500DV
Dx 9.0b

Crash with vertical lines:
Ut99
Real flight g2
MS Flight Sim2k

Also, the ati card works fine on my other A7V333 so thats why I
thought I would post here.
Old November 27th 03, 12:44 AM
R_Supp

"mage" wrote in message
om...
I have been having this fun problem with my computer (all recently new
components, by the way) where it works perfectly in all ways until I
try to run a game. DirectX, openGL, doesn't matter. I won't get more
than fifteen minutes or so (at the most) of play before the system hangs,
looping the last sound and displaying a very ugly set of colorful
vertical lines on my screen.

Win2k sp4
A7n8xd nvida (2.0) nforce 2 ulta 400 (Phoenix award v6.00pg)
1gig 400 mhz crucial ram

ATI AIW 8500DV
Dx 9.0b

Crash with vertical lines:
Ut99
Real flight g2
MS Flight Sim2k

Also, the ati card works fine on my other A7V333 so thats why I
thought I would post here.

Vertical lines usually mean a sick video card but on the other hand, I
loaded DX 9.0b on 2 of my computers and now am having problems that point to
the video cards though I know by swapping cards (3 other cards) it is not
the cards. The 3 other computers that do not have the updated DX drivers
installed work perfectly.
Do you have DX9 installed on your A7V333 ?

Old November 28th 03, 02:43 AM
mage

"R_Supp" wrote in message ...
"mage" wrote in message
om...
[...]

No, 8.1

idea! I uninstalled dx9b with directx buster and put 8.1 in...

same prob

so I installed the latest NVidia chipset drivers.

same prob..

Grrr...

any other sujestions ?