GTX 470 Video card deal headsup

Old August 16th 10, 09:30 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
noman

Default GTX 470 Video card deal headsup

Legion wrote:

You started this thread by talking about the 470, now your on about
your great 465 (which sucks compared tp the 470.)

He mentioned cards that can be unlocked quite easily to GTX 470. Doing that
though requires a BIOS flash, which has its risks.

I am in the marked for 2 470's but I got to check warrenties very
carefully.

My 8800GTX SC is still under 100% warrenty from BFG. Tobad they are
not making vid cards any longer.

Actually they have stopped honoring the warranties recently. If you send a
defective card to BFG, they will mail it back to you unrepaired.

By the way, I'd recommend getting two 1GB GTX 460s. The power draw is much
less, and consequently your PC room won't heat up as much. They perform quite
good as well in SLI.
--
Noman
Old August 17th 10, 09:56 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
noman

Legion wrote:

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 20:30:29 +0000 (UTC), "noman"
wrote:

Actually they have stopped honoring the warranties recently. If you send a
defective card to BFG, they will mail it back to you unrepaired.

Had my 3 year old 8800GTX OC replaced about 1 month ago by BFG..no
problems.
They say they will continue to honor warrenties.

Did you get a RMI (forgot the request name)from them with a number
before you sent the card back?

It's a more recent development. They won't give you a replacement or repair
the card now.
--
Noman