eVGA cards any good?

Old November 7th 03, 03:45 AM
PentiumPunk

Default eVGA cards any good?

I'm about to buy a new video card...(a nVidia one) and i'm looking at the
companies that make them such as PNY, BFG, MSI, LEADTEK, eVGA, CHAINTECH,
etc.... eVGA cards seem to be remarkably cheaper. I was wondering if anyone
has had any experience with them. Or as a matter of fact, any of these
cards. I have a BGF Asylum Geforce FX 5200 Ultra right now, and kinda wanna
get me a FX 5900 (non ultra). I found a eVGA one for 205.00$ and thought
that was a pretty good deal, but are they cheap? thanks! ~Brooks~

Old November 7th 03, 04:14 AM
SonOfAGun

"PentiumPunk" wrote in message
. com...
I'm about to buy a new video card...(a nVidia one) and i'm looking at the
companies that make them such as PNY, BFG, MSI, LEADTEK, eVGA, CHAINTECH,
etc.... eVGA cards seem to be remarkably cheaper. I was wondering if

anyone
has had any experience with them. Or as a matter of fact, any of these
cards. I have a BGF Asylum Geforce FX 5200 Ultra right now, and kinda

wanna
get me a FX 5900 (non ultra). I found a eVGA one for 205.00$ and thought
that was a pretty good deal, but are they cheap? thanks! ~Brooks~

I had an eVGA card at one point. As far as working, it was fine. It wasn't
remarkably capable (no extra features or anything) and not quite as fast as
cards in the same class, but it's worked for 4 years so far without any
compatibility problems, or right out failure

Jeff Hancock
Software Engineering @ RIT
Ellingson 04004
AIM: x SonOfAGuN x

Old November 7th 03, 06:08 AM
Strontium

-
SonOfAGun stood up at show-n-tell, in
, and said:

snip
I had an eVGA card at one point. As far as working, it was fine. It
wasn't remarkably capable (no extra features or anything) and not
quite as fast as cards in the same class, but it's worked for 4 years
so far without any compatibility problems, or right out failure

Jeff Hancock
Software Engineering @ RIT
Ellingson 04004
AIM: x SonOfAGuN x

Do they still have the Brew Pub, in the Holiday Inn, down the street from
RIT? I miss that place!

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

Old November 7th 03, 06:18 AM
SonOfAGun

"Strontium" wrote in message
Do they still have the Brew Pub, in the Holiday Inn, down the street from
RIT? I miss that place!

SonOfAGun stood up at show-n-tell, in
, and said:

snip
I had an eVGA card at one point. As far as working, it was fine. It
wasn't remarkably capable (no extra features or anything) and not
quite as fast as cards in the same class, but it's worked for 4 years
so far without any compatibility problems, or right out failure

being a first year student, under 21, and unfamiliar with the area I really
don't know for sure but chances are, yes

--
Jeff Hancock
Software Engineering @ RIT

Old November 7th 03, 08:30 AM
Dave Hull

I've had overheating problems with one eVGA card, but it doesn't have a fan
and only a small heatsink.

Dave

Old November 9th 03, 07:47 AM
Strontium

-
, and said:

"Strontium" wrote in message
Do they still have the Brew Pub, in the Holiday Inn, down the street
from RIT? I miss that place!

SonOfAGun stood up at show-n-tell, in
, and said:

snip
I had an eVGA card at one point. As far as working, it was fine. It
wasn't remarkably capable (no extra features or anything) and not
quite as fast as cards in the same class, but it's worked for 4
years so far without any compatibility problems, or right out
failure

being a first year student, under 21, and unfamiliar with the area I
really don't know for sure but chances are, yes

You need to check that place out. Their hotwings were cheap, and good!
Also, there was a sports bar called Jox. Forget where it was. Think it was
east of RIT. But, they had 10 cent hotwings every Wednesday.

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

256mb SD cards for a digital camera? K B General 1 November 24th 04 05:04 AM
graphics card question Humpty General 4 November 3rd 04 06:39 AM
Which Wireless Option Is Good For Streaming Video? Jay Chan General 0 October 21st 04 04:32 PM
Are 19" Princeton LCD any good? cyber General 0 March 17th 04 04:26 AM
Is Swiftech MCX462 PLUS any good? S.Heenan Overclocking AMD Processors 4 June 29th 03 10:23 PM