best skt 939 chip for overclock? not too much $$$$$

Old November 18th 04, 03:03 PM
Bitsbucket

Default best skt 939 chip for overclock? not too much $$$$$

Looking for the best "bang for the buck" socket 939 chip....thinking of
going with the 3200+ 90nm chip.....any thoughts? Oh I've decided on the MSI
K8N neo2 platinum for a board....seems like the best (or at least most
affordable for me is the above chip...can be had for about 200 bucks...so
total cost for board and chip would be around $340.00 pretty pricy for me.
The last board and chip I bought was around $100 bucks less, and I am still
running it...Asus board with a Barton core 2500+ (clocked to 3200+...since
day one) It's still a good setup. I am not sure if the upgrade is worth
it.....Opinions, on chip and whether or not upgrade is worth it???? TIA
Thanks again,
Bitsbucket

---

Old November 18th 04, 04:34 PM
Joachim Heier

Siehe Link:
http://www.chip.de/artikel/c_artikel_12578236.html
Mainboard MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (Nforce3 250GB) für alle AMD-CPUs

Still und heimlich hat CPU-Hersteller AMD die drei neuen Mainstream-Modelle
Athlon 64 3500+, 3200+ und 3000+ eingeführt. CHIP Online hat die Prozessoren
getestet und präsentiert die schnellste luftgekühlte CPU - für nur 140 Euro.

Folgende Testsysteme kamen zum Einsatz

a.. Mainboard MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (Nforce3 250GB) für alle AMD-CPUs

a.. Corsair Memory PC3200 1.024 MByte, CL 2,0

a.. Mainboard Intel D925XECV2 für alle Pentium-4-CPUs

a.. Corsair Memory PC2-4200 1.024 MByte, CL 4,0
a..
a.. Gruß Joachim

Old November 18th 04, 06:35 PM
Cuzman

"Bitsbucket" wrote in message

" ...total cost for board and chip would be around $340.00 pretty pricy for
me. "

Seeing as you are running your 2500+ at 3200+, you won't be getting a
massive performance increase with a skt939 3200+, certainly not an increase
worth $340.

What's the rest of your system? For overall bang-for-buck, I would advise
on upgrading the graphics card, and jumping to 1GB RAM if you haven't
already. Sell your current graphics card on eBay, and you'll probably have
a better -bang-for-buck system than if you had spent your budget on a new
motherboard and CPU.

Old November 18th 04, 09:31 PM
Wes Newell

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:03:21 -0500, Bitsbucket wrote:

Looking for the best "bang for the buck" socket 939 chip....thinking of
going with the 3200+ 90nm chip.....any thoughts? Oh I've decided on the MSI
K8N neo2 platinum for a board....seems like the best (or at least most
affordable for me is the above chip...can be had for about 200 bucks...so
total cost for board and chip would be around $340.00 pretty pricy for me.
The last board and chip I bought was around $100 bucks less, and I am still
running it...Asus board with a Barton core 2500+ (clocked to 3200+...since
day one) It's still a good setup. I am not sure if the upgrade is worth
it.....Opinions, on chip and whether or not upgrade is worth it???? TIA

Unless you're just looking for bragging rights, this is the best bang for
the buck, and for under $200.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu...n-3100-oc.html

Old November 18th 04, 09:51 PM
Bitsbucket

I have 1 gig of 3500 mem now, with copper heatsinks, Video card is a 9000
All-in-wonder, (according to device manager, to tell you the truth I really
can't remember the model number, it has 64 meg of DDR) I know This can be
improved upon, but I like the all-in-wonder and to get the Hottest AIW would
cost me more than the Motherboard and CPU upgrade :-(
I like having the TV function, I guess I could use a capture card and a
better video card, but again that puts the price point above the MOBO and
CPU option.....suggestions?
Bitsbucket

Old November 19th 04, 03:06 AM
Cuzman

" I have 1 gig of 3500 mem now, with copper heatsinks, Video card is a 9000
All-in-wonder, (according to device manager, to tell you the truth I really
can't remember the model number, it has 64 meg of DDR) I know This can be
improved upon, but I like the all-in-wonder and to get the Hottest AIW would
cost me more than the Motherboard and CPU upgrade :-( "

Radeon 9800 Pro All-in-Wonder, $238:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...102-297&depa=1

Then put your 9000 Pro AIW on eBay.

Max Chip in a Jetway 663AS Motherboard Eska007 Overclocking AMD Processors 0 November 2nd 04 12:26 AM
P2 chip and fan Rich General 8 September 7th 04 08:15 PM
2 cpu on one chip. the gnome AMD x86-64 Processors 5 May 22nd 04 12:54 PM
Opteron Overclocking? Adrian Richards Overclocking AMD Processors 9 October 5th 03 03:20 PM
On-Board Sound Chip Prooblem Andy Homebuilt PC's 4 September 14th 03 04:45 AM