55nm GT206 Q1'09, 45nm GT212 after Q1 '09

Old September 10th 08, 06:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Default 55nm GT206 Q1'09, 45nm GT212 after Q1 '09

Hey, I didn't know Elsa still made video cards?
http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=325106

Old September 10th 08, 06:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Derek[_2_]

"First of One" wrote in message
Hey, I didn't know Elsa still made video cards?
http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=325106

Surprised me too I fitted quite a few back in the day ( the Elsa Voodoo
Banshee really rocked ) always good performers and no returns they dropped
off the radar about 5 years ago I just assumed some big fish had gobbled
them up . btw whereabout did you find a mention in that link ?
Derek

Old September 10th 08, 07:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Benjamin Gawert

* First of One:

Hey, I didn't know Elsa still made video cards?
http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=325106

It's not the same ELSA as you probably remember. The name ELSA has been
bought by IIRC a taiwanese company years ago after ELSA Germany went
bankrupt.

Benjamin

Old September 10th 08, 11:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Thanks for the explanation. The Taiwanese acquisition would jive with what's
on Elsa's web site right now. Interestingly, they are still using the old
trade names like GLoria and Gladiac.

* First of One:

Old September 10th 08, 11:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Elsa's logo is in the slide itself.

Elsa made 3dfx Banshees at one point? I thought it had always been a nVidia
customer. By the time of the Geforce3, Elsa simply rebadged Visiontek cards.

Old September 11th 08, 06:27 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Benjamin Gawert

* First of One:
Elsa made 3dfx Banshees at one point?

Yes, they did, I had one of those (was IIRC called ELSA Winner something)

I thought it had always been a nVidia
customer.

No, ELSA used lots of different GPUs from different vendors like S3
(868, 968, Trio, Savage), 3DLabs (GLINT, Permedia) and others.

By the time of the Geforce3, Elsa simply rebadged Visiontek cards.

At this time the real ELSA already was gone.

Benjamin
Old September 11th 08, 07:11 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Derek[_2_]

Thanks First I was scanning thro' the result graphs looking for the card
missed the jpg totally yep I bought a box of Elsa banshees off one of our
importers really good deal for cash even put one in my own machine which
lasted till the upgrade to a Terminator Beast another fine card.
Derek

"Derek" wrote in message

"First of One" wrote in message
Hey, I didn't know Elsa still made video cards?
http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=325106

Surprised me too I fitted quite a few back in the day ( the Elsa Voodoo
Banshee really rocked ) always good performers and no returns they
dropped
off the radar about 5 years ago I just assumed some big fish had gobbled
them up . btw whereabout did you find a mention in that link ?
Derek

[fw] AM3 coming, together with 45nm Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) Overclocking AMD Processors 0 September 7th 08 12:33 PM
What chipset for 45nm? Somebody Intel 0 February 8th 08 05:37 PM
45nm CPU on P965? Roman Asus Motherboards 0 March 18th 07 06:03 PM
AMD 45nm in Q2 2008 [email protected] General 1 February 7th 07 02:09 PM
What's coming for us at 45nm bill davidsen General 1 June 25th 03 02:43 AM