8800GTX Factor Overclocked Verification?

Old September 3rd 07, 03:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Steve Mavronis

Default 8800GTX Factor Overclocked Verification?

My computer came with a "factory overclocked" 768mb 8800GTX. If there a tool
to see what (memory/gpu) it is really clocked at? I'm not interested in
changing any clock settings. I just was to see how it is setup spec-wise.

Steve

Old September 3rd 07, 05:11 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ed M.

"Steve Mavronis" wrote in message
. ..
My computer came with a "factory overclocked" 768mb 8800GTX. If there a
tool to see what (memory/gpu) it is really clocked at? I'm not interested
in changing any clock settings. I just was to see how it is setup
spec-wise.

Steve

ATI Tool from www.guru3d.com will do that. It will also overclock an Nvidia
card although the "automatic" functions do not work. My two EVGA
Superclocked cards were set to 621-core and 1025-memory. If you use NV Tune,
the default factory clock speeds are shown and not the actual manufacturer's
overclocked settings. I find it a useless PIA app IMO.

Old September 3rd 07, 06:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Les Steel

Ed M. wrote:
"Steve Mavronis" wrote in message
. ..
My computer came with a "factory overclocked" 768mb 8800GTX. If there a
tool to see what (memory/gpu) it is really clocked at? I'm not interested
in changing any clock settings. I just was to see how it is setup
spec-wise.

Steve

ATI Tool from www.guru3d.com will do that. It will also overclock an Nvidia
card although the "automatic" functions do not work. My two EVGA
Superclocked cards were set to 621-core and 1025-memory. If you use NV Tune,
the default factory clock speeds are shown and not the actual manufacturer's
overclocked settings. I find it a useless PIA app IMO.

Funny, it shows the correct default factory settings on my BFG OC2 8800
GTS (i.e. the manufacturers pre overclock).

Old September 4th 07, 11:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jack R

The ATITool reads (and controls) my eVGA 8800GTS just fine.
I suggest you give it a try.
Jack R

Old September 5th 07, 12:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Slap

"Steve Mavronis" wrote in message
So, no definite way to see the factory overclocked final specs of my card?

Do you not have nTune? If so get it. Under Performance, in the left pane,
(after you accept the agreement) there will be a 'Adjust GPU Settings'.
Clicking on that lets you overclock but it will display the Factory shipped
clocked frequencies (no overclocking) by default. Clicking on 'Custom clock
frequencies lets you have at her.

nTune is available on the Nvidia site.

Old September 8th 07, 12:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Steve Mavronis

Thanks. I ran Nvidia nTune today just to see the comparison between the
default Nvidia 8800GTX and the Gateway factory overclocked EVGA version that
came in my rig. Here are the results:

nTune (Evga 768mb 8800GTX - Gateway factory overclocked)

GPU co 600mhz
(8800gtx default nvidia spec: 575mhz)

GPU memory: 925mhz
(8800gtx default nvidia spec: 900mhz)

Steve

"Slap" wrote in message
Do you not have nTune? If so get it. Under Performance, in the left
pane, (after you accept the agreement) there will be a 'Adjust GPU
Settings'. Clicking on that lets you overclock but it will display the
Factory shipped clocked frequencies (no overclocking) by default.
Clicking on 'Custom clock frequencies lets you have at her.

Help with XFX 8800GTX SLI Šave Nvidia Videocards 5 April 19th 07 04:32 PM
Verification error Dan G Cdr 0 December 5th 06 03:54 PM
Verification error Dave Cohen Cdr 0 December 5th 06 04:51 AM
Verification error smh Cdr 0 December 5th 06 01:03 AM
Scan verification Rob S UK Computer Vendors 0 September 16th 03 06:00 PM