TV Out

Old July 28th 07, 03:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
ac30180

Default TV Out

Hello... just want to ask how to make the quality, reception of my image
to the television.

I am using Nvidia card for my monitor... and as we know nvidia cards
has tv out... carries signal from computer going to the lcd projector or
television using an rca. We are using this setup since we bought our
card but my main problem is that... it appears blurred to the projector
like powerpoint presentations and most specially videos.

Can you give me some tips how to improve the quality of it.

Thanks!

Old July 28th 07, 03:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

ac30180 wrote:
Hello... just want to ask how to make the quality, reception of my image
to the television.

I am using Nvidia card for my monitor... and as we know nvidia cards
has tv out... carries signal from computer going to the lcd projector or
television using an rca. We are using this setup since we bought our
card but my main problem is that... it appears blurred to the projector
like powerpoint presentations and most specially videos.

Can you give me some tips how to improve the quality of it.

Thanks!

The purpose of the TV output, is mainly for movie or video content. The
bandwidth available over composite video, is not sufficient to make the
text appear sharp and crisp. (For example, I've tried to read small text
at 640x480, and it is terrible.)

For that, you need a different interface standard. I'm not certain, but it
might take component video of some sort, to do better. The sharpness of
text, is proportional to the bandwidth available end-to-end in the viewing
system.

http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/bandwid.htm

In other words, the composite video signal on the RCA connector, is defined
by the NTSC standard, to carry no more than 4MHz or so. As long as the
signal conforms to the standard, the text will look bad. There is at least
one video standard, that doesn't have that kind of limit, but the TV
set itself, also has a bandwidth specification, and can still ruin things.

That is why computer monitors exist after all, to do a better job for
computer applications. If TV sets were wonderful, they'd be used for
everything, and there would be no computer monitors.

Paul