resolution association

Old July 22nd 07, 06:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
goPostal

Default resolution association

My specs:
7900gs
AMD64 dual core
LCD screen @ 1280x1024

I installed a game that runs at a native 1024x768. Is there a setting in the
control panel that will set my screen size to that when I load the game then
back to normal when I reset it? The game itself will not do this and it
won't run windowed correctly. I don't want to manually reset my desktop each
time I play.
Thanks guys!

Old July 22nd 07, 07:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Gladiator

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 10:41:28 -0700, "goPostal"
wrote:

My specs:
7900gs
AMD64 dual core
LCD screen @ 1280x1024

I installed a game that runs at a native 1024x768. Is there a setting in the
control panel that will set my screen size to that when I load the game then
back to normal when I reset it? The game itself will not do this and it
won't run windowed correctly. I don't want to manually reset my desktop each
time I play.
Thanks guys!

Only takes a few secs to change the res to 1024x768 and back. What's
the big deal?
Old July 22nd 07, 07:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

goPostal wrote:
My specs:
7900gs
AMD64 dual core
LCD screen @ 1280x1024

I installed a game that runs at a native 1024x768. Is there a setting in the
control panel that will set my screen size to that when I load the game then
back to normal when I reset it? The game itself will not do this and it
won't run windowed correctly. I don't want to manually reset my desktop each
time I play.
Thanks guys!

An application sets its resolution and if it is full screen or windowed.
If the application is not setting the display and resetting it upon
exit, the problem lies with the application.

The control panel has no idea what settings applications are to be run,
including resolution.
Old July 22nd 07, 10:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
goPostal

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
goPostal wrote:
My specs:
7900gs
AMD64 dual core
LCD screen @ 1280x1024

I installed a game that runs at a native 1024x768. Is there a setting in
the control panel that will set my screen size to that when I load the
game then back to normal when I reset it? The game itself will not do
this and it won't run windowed correctly. I don't want to manually reset
my desktop each time I play.
Thanks guys!

An application sets its resolution and if it is full screen or windowed.
If the application is not setting the display and resetting it upon exit,
the problem lies with the application.

The control panel has no idea what settings applications are to be run,
including resolution.

Thanks E. I had hoped there was some way of associating a particular app
with a particular res so that my desktop wasn't rearranged every time.
Thanks for your help.

Old July 23rd 07, 02:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

goPostal wrote:
"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
goPostal wrote:
[...]

Yeah, but it doesn't actually help you, the behaviour you describe is
not correct.

If you are running your panel at its native resolution, when you switch
to smaller resolution it will either center on the panel and simply not
reach the edges of the screen, or it will guess what the missing pixels
should be and stretch it to the edges of the screen.

What game, what panel, what drivers, what happens when the app kicks in?
does it go into a window, or does one of the aformentioned events happen?

Old July 23rd 07, 02:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DRS

"goPostal" wrote in message

My specs:
7900gs
AMD64 dual core
LCD screen @ 1280x1024

I installed a game that runs at a native 1024x768. Is there a setting
in the control panel that will set my screen size to that when I load
the game then back to normal when I reset it? The game itself will
not do this and it won't run windowed correctly. I don't want to
manually reset my desktop each time I play.
Thanks guys!

In the Nvidia Control Panel look up Flat Panel Scaling.

Old July 23rd 07, 06:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Roger (K8RI)

wrote:

My specs:
7900gs
AMD64 dual core
LCD screen @ 1280x1024

I installed a game that runs at a native 1024x768. Is there a setting in the
control panel that will set my screen size to that when I load the game then
back to normal when I reset it? The game itself will not do this and it
won't run windowed correctly. I don't want to manually reset my desktop each
time I play.
Thanks guys!

IF the program has a configuration file it *may* be possible to set it
in that file, but I'd not be overly optimistic.