New theory/story: Cool n Quiet killed the motherboard, because CPU fast/slow/voltage change.

Old June 3rd 07, 11:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware
Skybuck The Destroyer

Default New theory/story: Cool n Quiet killed the motherboard, because CPU fast/slow/voltage change.

Hello,

I always used AMD Power Monitor to keep the voltage low. (for cpu fan
sound reduction)

The CPU was always going from low voltage to high voltage....

I could also hear the CPU fan spindle up, then spindle down again,
spindle up, etc.

Maybe this constant change of voltage damaged and killed the
motherboard !

Sounds plausible !

Constant voltage change... ? Hmmmm.

Maybe I should have gone for a nice big fat cpu cooler instead... then
I could have always let the cpu run at full speed... no problem ! Or
maybe it would get to hot... who knows ?!

Maybe I should start looking for a nice big fat cpu cooler without a
fan... you know mean...

A nice passive one ! YEAH... like the scytche ninja or something like
that hmmmm.

Gje, very, very, very interesting theory don't you think ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 4th 07, 05:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design
Jaap Knasterhuis

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 15:35:57 -0700, Skybuck The Destroyer
wrote:

Sounds plausible !

Constant voltage change... ? Hmmmm.

You'r an idiot, that sounds plausible!

JK
Old June 4th 07, 08:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck

wrote:
Sounds plausible !

Constant voltage change... ? Hmmmm.

You'r an idiot, that sounds plausible!

JK

Filing another abuse complaint at your presumable ISP.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 4th 07, 10:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware
Marra

On 3 Jun, 23:35, Skybuck The Destroyer
wrote:
[...]

Changing the voltage a lot wont blow up your motherboard.
The processor changes voltages at around 2GHz and gets away with it !

Old June 4th 07, 10:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware
Skybuck The Destroyer

wrote:
[...]

Time will tell.

The processor changes voltages at around 2GHz and gets away with it !

Time will tell.

The cpu might be blown to pieces by now

Bye,
Skybuck.