Nvidia ControlPanel from 158.22 crashes when clicking on old game profile

Old May 4th 07, 06:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rolf Wesemann

Default Nvidia ControlPanel from 158.22 crashes when clicking on old game profile

Hi,
as I wrote in the headline, I get the ctd everytime I click an old profile
that I added with an older driver (158.19). So I cannot delete it and I
cannot add it again, also an ctd.

My system specs:
Athlon64 4000+
A8NSLI Deluxe
2GB Ram
2 x Nvidia 8800GTS 640 in SLI mode
WinXP

Thanks in advance for your help
Rolf

Old May 4th 07, 06:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Rolf Wesemann wrote:
Hi,
as I wrote in the headline, I get the ctd everytime I click an old profile
that I added with an older driver (158.19). So I cannot delete it and I
cannot add it again, also an ctd.

My system specs:
Athlon64 4000+
A8NSLI Deluxe
2GB Ram
2 x Nvidia 8800GTS 640 in SLI mode
WinXP

Thanks in advance for your help
Rolf

Try this control panel replacement that specifically addresses poor
nvidia game profile support.

http://www.nhancer.com/

Old May 5th 07, 03:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rolf Wesemann

Try this control panel replacement that specifically addresses poor nvidia
game profile support.

http://www.nhancer.com/

I used nhancer, but the install of the newest version crashes with the error
message: cannot delete older version

I had contact with Mr. Korndörfer, but all his hints didn't work for me.
Rolf

Old May 5th 07, 04:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Rolf Wesemann wrote:
Try this control panel replacement that specifically addresses poor nvidia
game profile support.

http://www.nhancer.com/

I used nhancer, but the install of the newest version crashes with the error
message: cannot delete older version

I had contact with Mr. Korndörfer, but all his hints didn't work for me.
Rolf

Was one of the suggestions to remove/replace your NVAPPS.XML file? This
is where your profiles are stored and could very well be the source of
your problem.

\windows\system32\nvapps.xml
Old May 6th 07, 12:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos

Rolf Wesemann wrote:
Hi,
as I wrote in the headline, I get the ctd everytime I click an old profile
that I added with an older driver (158.19). So I cannot delete it and I
cannot add it again, also an ctd.

My system specs:
Athlon64 4000+
A8NSLI Deluxe
2GB Ram
2 x Nvidia 8800GTS 640 in SLI mode
WinXP

Thanks in advance for your help
Rolf

Had the same problem. You can do a clean install of your drivers to get
rid of the custom profiles or delete the bad profile with nHancer. I
don't recommend adding profiles with other utilities at this point, they
don't seem to work with the new drivers. Everytime I tried to create a
new profile with nHancer, it would crash the new control panel (Sedona)
when selecting the exe or changing an antialiasing setting.
Old May 6th 07, 12:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos

Mr.E Solved! wrote:
Rolf Wesemann wrote:
Try this control panel replacement that specifically addresses poor
nvidia game profile support.

http://www.nhancer.com/

I used nhancer, but the install of the newest version crashes with the
error message: cannot delete older version

I had contact with Mr. Korndörfer, but all his hints didn't work for me.
Rolf

Was one of the suggestions to remove/replace your NVAPPS.XML file? This
is where your profiles are stored and could very well be the source of
your problem.

\windows\system32\nvapps.xml

Ah yes I forgot about that. You can extract the original one from your
drivers by running the expand command on the .xm_ in your Nvidia drivers
folder. For example:

C:\NVIDIA\Win2KXP\158.19expand NvApps.xm_ nvapps.xml

Then copy the new .xml file to your system32 folder. This is the same
as deleting your profiles (if you were able to).
Old May 6th 07, 02:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DRS

"deimos" wrote in message

[...]

Had the same problem. You can do a clean install of your drivers to
get rid of the custom profiles or delete the bad profile with
nHancer. I don't recommend adding profiles with other utilities at
this point, they don't seem to work with the new drivers. Everytime
I tried to create a new profile with nHancer, it would crash the new
control panel (Sedona) when selecting the exe or changing an
antialiasing setting.

nHancer 2.2.3 claims to be compatible with 150+ but I wouldn't discount
nVidia having broken something.

Old May 6th 07, 04:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rolf Wesemann

Many thanks to you all, I hope, something will help!

Newsgroups rule
Rolf
"DRS" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

[...]

Old May 6th 07, 06:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rolf Wesemann

That did it ;-)))

expanded the file and everything is fine again.

Rolf
"Rolf Wesemann" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Many thanks to you all, I hope, something will help!

Newsgroups rule
Rolf
"DRS" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

[...]

Old May 7th 07, 05:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rolf Wesemann

It's not completely ok: I can add new profiles, but I can only give them the
general attributes, no specific ones.

Thanks in advance again for your help
Rolf
"Rolf Wesemann" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
That did it ;-)))

expanded the file and everything is fine again.

Rolf
"Rolf Wesemann" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Many thanks to you all, I hope, something will help!

Newsgroups rule
Rolf
"DRS" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

[...]