New AGP DX10 cards

Old February 23rd 07, 05:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
boe

Default New AGP DX10 cards

I see that nVidia is going to release a low end DX10 AGP card in April or
so. Any word on them releasing a high end DX10 AGP card?

Old February 23rd 07, 05:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DRS

"boe" wrote in message

I see that nVidia is going to release a low end DX10 AGP card in
April or so. Any word on them releasing a high end DX10 AGP card?

Google on the 8900.

Old February 23rd 07, 06:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
boe

Thanks I see the 7800 AGP which is low end but don't see any info about the
8900 being available in AGP

Old February 23rd 07, 09:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ludwig

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...gl e&ct=title
copy and paste link.

Old February 23rd 07, 09:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DRS

"DRS" wrote in message
"boe" wrote in message

I see that nVidia is going to release a low end DX10 AGP card in
April or so. Any word on them releasing a high end DX10 AGP card?

Google on the 8900.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...gl e&ct=title
copy and paste link.

"PCI Express Support: Designed to run perfectly with the PCI Express bus
architecture, which doubles the bandwidth of AGP 8X"

Bull****. Full duplex has nothing to do with game performance.

Old February 25th 07, 02:17 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
John Lewis

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:46:24 -0800, "boe"
wrote:

I see that nVidia is going to release a low end DX10 AGP card in April or
so. Any word on them releasing a high end DX10 AGP card?

Low-end ? 8600-series ?
No point in higher performance. One 8600 is likely to match the
performance of a 7950GT, plus be compatible with Dx10/SM4. The CPUs
available for AGP motherboards already installed in PCs will not keep
up with any higher performance. You are looking at the last generation
of AGP motherboards.

John Lewis