GeForce 7600 GTO

Old September 26th 06, 03:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
No One

Default GeForce 7600 GTO

I just upgraded to a GeForce 7600 GTO from an ATI RX 300 Guru card. I
did uninstall the ATI drivers before installing the new card. Games
seem to play ok (so far) and are smoother. Video playback, however is
odd. Rips off the web that have odd encoders like Divx play fine, but
TV rips (usually with xVid) do not play well. It flips between one
frame of good video and one frame like the whole thing is out of sync,
scan lines and all. I've tried multiple shows, all with the same
result. I only have a ViewSonic A91f+ monitor connected (DVI to VGA
convertor too). I am using WinAmp to watch the vids. In Windows Media
player, everything is very dark and red shifted. All of these vids
played fine with the ATI card. Any suggestions?
Old October 1st 06, 03:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Allen

Sometime parts of the ATI drivers are left behind and need to be deleted or
they can cause all sorts of problems. There is a program available to get
rid of those file called Driver Cleaner Pro it can be found at
http://www.drivercleaner.net/tools.htm it will get rid of all the unwanted
files.
--
Thanks Allen

SMILE, It confuses people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

******IMPORTANT NOTICE******
Protect yourself and others from potential VIRUSES!!
Update your "VIRUS SOFTWARE REGULARLY"

"No One" wrote in message
I just upgraded to a GeForce 7600 GTO from an ATI RX 300 Guru card. I did
uninstall the ATI drivers before installing the new card. Games seem to
play ok (so far) and are smoother. Video playback, however is odd. Rips
off the web that have odd encoders like Divx play fine, but TV rips
(usually with xVid) do not play well. It flips between one frame of good
video and one frame like the whole thing is out of sync, scan lines and
all. I've tried multiple shows, all with the same result. I only have a
ViewSonic A91f+ monitor connected (DVI to VGA convertor too). I am using
WinAmp to watch the vids. In Windows Media player, everything is very dark
and red shifted. All of these vids played fine with the ATI card. Any
suggestions?

------------ And now a word from our sponsor ----------------------
For a quality mail server, try SurgeMail, easy to install,
fast, efficient and reliable. Run a million users on a standard
PC running NT or Unix without running out of power, use the best!
---- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_surgemail.htm ----
Old October 2nd 06, 01:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
No One

This utility found 4 ATI DLLs, but it is unable to remove them. I tried
to remove them by hand, but they keep coming back.

Old October 2nd 06, 06:12 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
RaceFace

Allen wrote:
Sometime parts of the ATI drivers are left behind and need to be deleted
or they can cause all sorts of problems. There is a program available to
get rid of those file called Driver Cleaner Pro it can be found at
http://www.drivercleaner.net/tools.htm it will get rid of all the
unwanted files.

You need to run Driver Cleaner while in Safe Mode. If you aren't in Safe
Mode, those DLLs were probably being protected, which is why they would keep
coming back.

RF.

Old October 3rd 06, 12:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
No One

Allen wrote:

Sometime parts of the ATI drivers are left behind and need to be deleted
or they can cause all sorts of problems. There is a program available to
get rid of those file called Driver Cleaner Pro it can be found at
http://www.drivercleaner.net/tools.htm it will get rid of all the
unwanted files.

You need to run Driver Cleaner while in Safe Mode. If you aren't in Safe
Mode, those DLLs were probably being protected, which is why they would keep
coming back.

RF.

I ran it in safe more and it removed the DLLs. There are a few reg keys
it can't delete though (can't delete via RegEdit either). Xvid is still
red shifted a bit and dark objects have wrong contrast.
Old October 4th 06, 02:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
No One

No One wrote:

Allen wrote:

Sometime parts of the ATI drivers are left behind and need to be
deleted or they can cause all sorts of problems. There is a program
available to get rid of those file called Driver Cleaner Pro it can
be found at http://www.drivercleaner.net/tools.htm it will get rid
of all the unwanted files.

You need to run Driver Cleaner while in Safe Mode. If you aren't in
Safe Mode, those DLLs were probably being protected, which is why they
would keep coming back.

RF.

I ran it in safe more and it removed the DLLs. There are a few reg keys
it can't delete though (can't delete via RegEdit either). Xvid is still
red shifted a bit and dark objects have wrong contrast.

I looked at the color correction options and noticed the background
changed without me chaning anything. I clicked to reset to the hardware
defaults and that seems to have cleared up the video playback problems.